What do I need to improve?

Thanks
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri May 07, 2004 2:20 pm

I would try to get some help in the OF, but in a 16 team league it's probably hard to make many trades w/o really messing up the rest of your team. :-[ When healthy your IF and SP should be good and your RP shouldn't hurt you much w/Dotel hopefully picking it up and if Valverde can stay hot. Is there much on the ww worth bothering to post? :-b
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby oscar15 » Fri May 07, 2004 4:03 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:I would try to get some help in the OF, but in a 16 team league it's probably hard to make many trades w/o really messing up the rest of your team. :-[ When healthy your IF and SP should be good and your RP shouldn't hurt you much w/Dotel hopefully picking it up and if Valverde can stay hot. Is there much on the ww worth bothering to post? :-b

Thanks for the input. Nothing much on the waiver wire. There is one team in out league that has Sosa, Ordonez, and Guerrero starting in the OF. He has Crawford, and Klesko on the bench with P. Wilson on the DL. His starting pitching is awful.

I have been kicking around the prospect of offering him Baldelli and one of my starting pitchers for Sosa, Ordonez, or Gruerrero. I think it would take Miller to get the deal done and I'm not sure I'm prepared to do that.

What ya think?
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri May 07, 2004 4:19 pm

:-° It's not like you're stacked in pitching really. :-D But you do need the OF help. Why not go for a second tier type OF? That's the easiest (only really) place to get away with that strategy. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby oscar15 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:37 pm

You are right. No way he parts with one of his studs for what I would have offered.

thanks
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pbeall100281 » Fri May 07, 2004 9:55 pm

Provied that you can identify hot/cold hitters and act accordingly I believe that your offense is just fine....I would definatly do something about the pitching though...with valverde and lieber in there I can tell you've been scratching for help and you've done well(I picked up the same to yesterday). Now it's time for you to deal for a top-notch SP. I reccomend using Dotel is some way as he will not save as many games due the the high powered offense of the 'stros and hitters ball park...I would look for a 2-for-1 including Eaton and/or Santana. Long term I don't see Santana being a quality SP and with his relative overattedness (did I make a word?) I feel he is a good one to start off an offer such as Santana for Unit straight up. Move from there using Eaton after a good start...Don't deal Peavy unless you get something obvioulsy good (Clement)
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pedantic » Sat May 08, 2004 6:03 am

I would deal Valverde to someone who needs a closer. We don't know how long he'll retain the closing job. You could use a stud starting pitcher.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat May 08, 2004 11:58 am

For a 16 team league you have a very good team in my opinion. I would see if I could trade Boone for Giles or Young, maybe with an OF.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby oscar15 » Sat May 08, 2004 11:11 pm

okay, here is what I'm thinking about doing per the feed back I have recieved.

Graves and Baldelli for D. Lee. This will allow me to move Green back to to outfield. I think Valverde will get the job done and he will hold on to the job in Arizona. I think from here on out he will have better numbers then Graves. The reason I'm offering Baldelli is because I do not like two players hitting together in Tampa Bays lineup and Huff has more up side

Comments on this trade are appreciated.

When Garciapara returns and Berroa and Hinske have performed well (I hope) I will offer Berroa and Hinske or Cintron in a two for one deal for a SP.

Thanks
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team