HOW do you trade with guys like this????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

HOW do you trade with guys like this?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HOW do you trade with guys like this?????

Postby RynMan » Fri May 07, 2004 1:25 am

The guys in my league are my buddy's but they offer me some bogus trades. Am trying to offer this guy a trade and i offered:

Rhodes+Beltre+Padilla
for
his Percival.

he needs a SP, a 3B and a Closer. he comes back with:
his Kaz Matsui
for
Richie Sexson.

HOW DO I TRADE WITH GUYS LIKE THIS!!!!! GEEEEEZZZZ!!!!!!

Another guy wanted Dotel from me, and offered Estrada, when i have Craig Wilson catching.

Is there seriously anyway to deal with guys that have no clue about value or needs?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:27 am

Yeah, their offers are pretty bad, but your 3-for-1 offer to that one guy ain't all that either.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby KolbSaves » Fri May 07, 2004 1:28 am

no, just give up and save yourself the hassle

you should be able to find one or two trading partners in every league, otherwise just play the wire as your trading partner
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Fri May 07, 2004 1:29 am

bleach168 wrote:Yeah, their offers are pretty bad, but your 3-for-1 offer to that one guy ain't all that either.

Why is that a bad offer? He needs a 3B and has a empty roster spot and wants a SP, PLUS gave him a closer too.....how is this a bad deal for him?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby EK711 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:31 am

Looks fine to me. ;-D
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby jbones733 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:32 am

bleach168 wrote:Yeah, their offers are pretty bad, but your 3-for-1 offer to that one guy ain't all that either.

I think Ryn man is giving up too much in that deal, a closer, beltrer whose hot & a nice starter (though struggling) but i also like the trade for ryn man cause i see he's trying to get a legit closer ;-)

as for the orginal topic, u just gotta try & ignore guys like this, My league is all buddies also, sometimes u gotta trun the other cheek.

1 lesson i learned is never bash or rip anyone for an offer, just say hmmm nah Ill pass & give a lame excuse, cause if u keep them close to u & liking u better shott u got of pulling off a deal later.

ex, if u call them an A hole he might go & trade w someone else in your league, DAMN when did all these politics come into fantasy baseball :-b
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bleach168 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:36 am

I'm not saying your offer was bad. Just not one that demands being accepted.

If that guy doesn't even have a 3B, well, that makes him a moron. And whatever he does will not make sense to you or anyone.

In any case, playing the waiver wire game can get him a serviceable 3B and a potentially good SP with numbers just as good as Padilla. He can do that without downgrading Percival for Rhodes.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby mtarail » Fri May 07, 2004 1:36 am

Let's see....A closer who looks like he'll lose his job, a notoriously streaky and moody 3B from the waiver wire who's eventually headed back to the wire, and one decent pitcher who has stunk so far this year....What's not to like?

But I have noticed that as much talk as there is about trades in leagues with good players they are not easy to pull off at all.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Fri May 07, 2004 1:49 am

mtarail wrote:Let's see....A closer who looks like he'll lose his job, a notoriously streaky and moody 3B from the waiver wire who's eventually headed back to the wire, and one decent pitcher who has stunk so far this year....What's not to like?

But I have noticed that as much talk as there is about trades in leagues with good players they are not easy to pull off at all.

Bleach: i never said the trade demanded being accepted, what i was cussed about was the counter offer. if he had rejected it and said "no thanks, i like percival too much" then that is legitimate.

Mtarail: Everything you have said right there i disagree with. Rhodes wont lose his job, nor is he in danger. Beltre is really up to you whether or not u think this is his year (and for me i think it is cuz he is showing all of the signs), and Padilla - the guy is fine jus has no wins to show for it, but will heat up and be very solid.

I guess we can put the trade down to the discrepancies that you and me have discovered in our opinions. If he thinks like you then he'll reject it. If he wants to upgrade 2 positions and still keep a closer then he would accept it.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mtarail » Fri May 07, 2004 1:57 am

I think we all have a little bit of an inflated idea about the value of players that we drafted or acquired. After all, we wouldn't have gotten them if we didn't like them so much, right? If Rhodes is such a good closer and his job isn't in jeopardy and the other players are so good why do you want to trade them all to get Percival? If they're all that good they should be worth more, right?

Just my opinion. I think it's hard to make trades because everyone--especially near the beginning of the year--thinks that they did better in the draft than everyone else. Everyone is sure that their team is gonna win.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers