Dig on my H2H team... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Dig on my H2H team...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dig on my H2H team...

Postby EK711 » Fri May 07, 2004 1:13 am

This league is a 12 team Yahoo H2H with some interesting categories...

Hitting R 2B HR RBI SB K AVG OBP GIDP
Pitching W Sv K ERA WHIP K/9 SHO

Last year with the same guys we had the problem of people spot starting loads and loads of pitchers so we talked about it and people decided K/9 could help prevent this, and then for some reason the commish talked everyone into SHO and then GIDP. I like having different stats to make us think every year, but I thought they were a bit weird :*) . Oh well. Here's my roster:

C - Mike Piazza
1B - Frank Thomas (acquired in trade for Castillo)/Tex
2B - Mark Lorretta (acquired in trade for Burrell)
3B - Rolen/Tex
SS - Womack (FA pickup)
OF - Brian Giles
OF - Vernon Wells (acquired in trade for Matt Morris)
OF - Jose Guillen
Util - Juan Pierre/Mark Teixera
DL - Trot Nixon

RP - Arthur Rhodes
RP - Eric Gagne
P - Ryan Madson
P - Wilson Alvarez

Starters:
Randy Johnson
Josh Beckett
Freddy Garcia
Al Leiter
Jerome Williams
Oliver Perez
Jake Westbrook

DL - John Patterson

I really feel this is one of the better teams that I have assembled in the years of playing with this group of friends, and currently sit in 3rd place in my league, but this weeks results could catapult me into 1st. Any suggestions on how to improve upon this team?

I think that it looks good the way it is, although Womack's PT is a concern. Along with the possible need for another closer.

Right now my strategy is to play my big bats in weeks where my oponent doesn't have a good SB threat, and then in weeks where I do face a good swiper to play Pierre while benching Tex/Thomas/Rolen/An outfielder. Thomas normally plays all the time though since he and Giles are both OBP monsters. Perez, Westbrook, and Madson are my 3 rotating pitching spots that I use to keep guys while hunting for gems ;-) . The player being benched being dependent on matchups and their recent performance.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri May 07, 2004 2:26 pm

I don't know how much help I will be, I don't play H2H but you have a great 12 team lineup. It's easy to see why you're near the top. ;-D Here is my ignorance as far as H2H but are RP crucial to doing well? You have Gagne and Rhodes who will hold their own I would imagine, so why not concentrate on other spots? I would maybe look for MI help if you could, as your SP, OF, and CI are good. That's they only real weakness I see, which isn't that much of one really. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team