Dear Dodgers Management: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dear Dodgers Management:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dear Dodgers Management:

Postby matmat » Thu May 06, 2004 7:57 pm

Whereas I understand the necessity of resting your players and giving your catcher, namely Paul LoDuca, a day off from squatting behind the plate, I would like to question your choice of position assignments. It strikes me that it would be better for your defence if Juan Encarnacion were playing in LF, Shaun Green in RF and Paul LoDuca at 1B. It is likely that with such a set up Juan Pierre's "double" would have been an "out."

I hope that you will rethink your assignments in the future,

sincerely,

concerned ishii owner
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EK711 » Thu May 06, 2004 8:02 pm

Nice ;-D

You actually send that yet?

BTW. I have a league that counts doubles and have pierre.... So I'm glad you didn't have any premonitions about this happening and contact the dogders earlier in the week.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Zito is God » Thu May 06, 2004 8:52 pm

[quote="EK711"]

You actually send that yet?

quote]

8-o ....you're kidding right?

Anyways, i was very surprised when i opened up the box score and it has Lo Duca at LF. 8-o

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Dear Dodgers Management:

Postby Area51's » Thu May 06, 2004 9:47 pm

matmat wrote:Whereas I understand the necessity of resting your players and giving your catcher, namely Paul LoDuca, a day off from squatting behind the plate, I would like to question your choice of position assignments. It strikes me that it would be better for your defence if Juan Encarnacion were playing in LF, Shaun Green in RF and Paul LoDuca at 1B. It is likely that with such a set up Juan Pierre's "double" would have been an "out."

I hope that you will rethink your assignments in the future,

sincerely,

concerned ishii owner

That would make just WAY too much sense; besides Greeny LOVES 1st base!
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nmarq8 » Thu May 06, 2004 10:08 pm

lo duca's played in LF more than a few times over the last couple of years. the dodgers just NEED his bat in the lineup when trying to rest him of his catching duties every now and then. he's a gamer, i'd rather see him in LF than on the bench (as a dodger's fan). besides, dodgers management has many other issues to work out before this one, such as why parking or a single beer cost more than a bleacher seat, the best seat in the house by the way. or how to get mccourt to sell the team to an owner who actually gives a damn about the team's perception and performance. after all they're paying a lot of money for...well i don't really know what for, green's 5 HR so far?
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu May 06, 2004 11:01 pm

nmarq8 wrote:after all they're paying a lot of money for...well i don't really know what for, green's 5 HR so far?

They're paying for a team that's in first place in the NL West.
Last edited by beltrans_boy on Thu May 06, 2004 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby icalderus » Thu May 06, 2004 11:11 pm

hey buddy take it easy , give the organization some time . i am a fellow true blue fan but you know this is his first year as owner and de podesta as GM. bradley is providing some hits and encarnacion is also doing ok (id like to see both hit for a better avg). they just hired the new money man from the yanks also.

i was upset that we didnt get that one big bat like vlad or beltran per se but the year isnt over (in beltrans case) and you know they are in first place and whats odd is that now their bats are alive and the pitching is struggling!!! errrr!!!!

keep the faith brother!!! go dodgers!
icalderus
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers