Rate my teaam 5*5 12 team hth - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my teaam 5*5 12 team hth

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my teaam 5*5 12 team hth

Postby TDavidsen » Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:07 pm

I would like input on my team please. My league stats are

R HR RBI SB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP

weekly team consits of C,1B,2B,3B,SS,OF,OF,OF,UTIL.SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P,P

C-Jason Veritek
1B-Erubiel Durazo
2B-Luis Castillo
3B-Eric Chavez
ss-Miguel Tejada
OF-Jacque Jones
OF-Juan Pierre
OF-Ken Griffey Jr
Util-Trou Glaus
Bench-Frank Thomas,Raul Ibanez

SP-Mark Mulder,Tim Hudson
RP-Kevin Brown,Eddie Guardado
P-Mike Mussina,John Burkett,Brett Myers
bench-Fransisco Cordero,Brian Lawerance
TDavidsen
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whoson1st0 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:26 am

Well, your location says Pennsylvania but you look like an A's fan!

Offense:
Solid 30HR/100RBI guys in chavez, tejada and glaus. And I'm willing to bet Ibanez will fit into that category as well.

SB from castillo and pierre (assuming he can get on base) should keep your total from falling too low, although you shouldn't expect too much from anyone else (chavez, tejada and glaus should get you 5-10 each but you can't bank on it)

You really don't have any locks for .300 on your team, so AVG may end up being a problem during the year.

I would replace Jones with Ibanez in your lineup.

Poss dead weight: Jones, Griffey (I had drafted him 1 week before he pulled his hammy for the first time 2 yrs ago so naturally i hate him :)

Durazo is a crapshoot. People love him but until he can play an entire year and stay healthy, you can't expect him to go 30/100.

Pitching:
You've got some good pitchers there, you should get plenty of wins from mulder/hudson/mussina. Brown can only help you IMO, if he get's hurt, he won't affect your whip or era unless he tries pitching thru the injury.

Obviously you won't be able to compete in saves, but in a 5x5 leage that isnt a huge deal if you are strong elsewhere. You can always trade for a closer if you determine that you need points in that category.

I don't like Burkett in your lineup. I think he will only hurt your whip and era, he will not have the numbers of 2 yrs ago in Atlanta. I would also replace Myers with Lawrence for now. I think Lawrence is the more reliable pitcher at this point. Myers seems to follow great outings with horrible ones, throwing your whip and era out of whack.

I would suggest replacing burkett (and maybe even lawrence/myers) with a solid reliever like a Hawkins or Rhodes, etc. There are a ton of guys out there with solid WHIP and ERA and will add a few K's to your total as well. Which brings us to K's...
The fact that you have 4-6 starters is what helps you, but none of them are strikeout pitchers. Just something to keep an eye on.

Overall I like your team
Again the only things that MAY come up as problems for you this year are SB and AVG on offense, K's on pitching. Saves WILL be a problem which i'm sure you already know.

-------------
If you like, rate my team at:
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... php?t=5759
whoson1st0

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team