David Wells - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Wells

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Wells

Postby SteveBartman » Thu May 06, 2004 1:51 pm

David Wells your a fat fool, all that grease from the food you eat culminated on your head and caused your hat to fall off your greasy sweaty forehead and instead of just letting a run score you decide to freaking throw blindly and hit Marcus Giles and keep him out of todays game.

David Wells - YOU SUCK!
SteveBartman Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Thu May 06, 2004 2:03 pm

pfffffffffffft! LOL this is funny. :-D
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Stlcardsfan2004 » Thu May 06, 2004 2:04 pm

David Wells sucks! That one time he got that no-hitter with the Yankees, it wasn't because he was good, it was because he had the Yankees. Now that he's on the Padres, he has no backup at all and is going to have a really bad year. Man, he sucks! :-t
Stlcardsfan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu May 06, 2004 2:06 pm

Stlcardsfan2004 wrote:David Wells sucks! That one time he got that no-hitter with the Yankees, it wasn't because he was good, it was because he had the Yankees. Now that he's on the Padres, he has no backup at all and is going to have a really bad year. Man, he sucks! :-t

Yeah, no earned runs allowed his past 2 starts. SEND HIM TO THE MINORS!! :-t
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pedro » Thu May 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Well to be fair David Wells has always been the epitome of the mediocre pitcher with inflated stats due to an offensive juggernaut supporting him.

A guy with a career 4.05 ERA and a career record of 202-130 is ridiculous.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Stlcardsfan2004 » Thu May 06, 2004 2:12 pm

Even if he has done that his past 2 starts, there is no way he will keep it up. With the Padres backing him up...
I may have exaggerated when I said he really sucked. He's not like really terrible, but he's not close to becoming good.
Stlcardsfan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu May 06, 2004 2:18 pm

Stlcardsfan2004 wrote:Even if he has done that his past 2 starts, there is no way he will keep it up. With the Padres backing him up...
I may have exaggerated when I said he really sucked. He's not like really terrible, but he's not close to becoming good.

He's a decent starter for any fantasy squad. He'll get the run support he needs and pitching in Petco certainly won't hurt his numbers. And Pedro,a lineup that consists of Jeter, Bernie Williams, Paul O'Neil, and Tino Martinez hardly make an offensive juggernaut. ;-D
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pedro » Thu May 06, 2004 2:31 pm

I may of been exaggerating when I said juggeranut, but regardless he still had a line up full of clutch hitters with Tino, Brosius and O'Neill, etc.

His win totals are still inflated though, 3.89 ERA and a 68-28 record with the Yanks. He averaged 17 wins a season.

Look at Kerry Wood, last 3 years a 3.41 ERA and he only has a 38-26 record, and only averaged 12 wins a season.

A perfect example of inflated stats due to better offensive support.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu May 06, 2004 2:34 pm

Pedro wrote:I may of been exaggerating when I said juggeranut, but regardless he still had a line up full of clutch hitters with Tino, Brosius and O'Neill, etc.

His win totals are still inflated though, 3.89 ERA and a 68-28 record with the Yanks. He averaged 17 wins a season.

Look at Kerry Wood, last 3 years a 3.41 ERA and he only has a 38-26 record, and only averaged 12 runs a season.

Perhaps his numbers are inflated because he knew he had the offensive support, so he wasn't always throwing his best stuff? If I'm out on the mound and my team has given me a 8-0 lead in the 3rd, there's no reason for me to throw my hardest and paint the corners, because I can afford to give up some runs. New park, new lineup, and a new David Wells for this year. I'm not saying he'll be excellent, but 15 wins, and an ERA around 3.50 isn't half bad for a 4th or 5th fantasy starter.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby ajgnydc227 » Thu May 06, 2004 2:52 pm

Pedro wrote:I may of been exaggerating when I said juggeranut, but regardless he still had a line up full of clutch hitters with Tino, Brosius and O'Neill, etc.

Look at Kerry Wood, last 3 years a 3.41 ERA and he only has a 38-26 record, and only averaged 12 wins a season.

Call me crazy but I don't think Wood is as great as most of you people make him out to be. He throws hard and K's the crap out of people but other than that he's not some magnificent pitcher. He's damn good but can also be bad. He loses control sometimes and walks ALOT of people. His ERA is usually mid to high 3's if I'm not mistaken.

Not to say Wells is better or anything remotely close, just bringing up a point.

However the Padres aren't a bad team as you all are making them out to be. Burroughs, Loretta, Giles, Nevin, Klesko, Payton, Hernandez.....that's a pretty damn good lineup if you ask me. I think Wells will be ok this year. Maybe around 12-14 wins with an ERA in the low 4's or high 3's if hes lucky.
Formerly known as ajgdrummer7
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers