Is Kevin Brown worth keeping with the risk of injury? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Kevin Brown worth keeping with the risk of injury?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Kevin Brown worth keeping with the risk of injury?

Postby Stlcardsfan2004 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:39 pm

What do you guys think about him? He is 4-0 and seems like he is healthy and pitching well. Do you think he will stay healthy?
Last edited by Stlcardsfan2004 on Thu May 06, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stlcardsfan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 06, 2004 1:40 pm

He is always a risk but I expect him to stay healthy.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Thu May 06, 2004 1:41 pm

I think he's a stud. :-D He made 32 starts last year. Injury is a possibility but I'm not going to worry about it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Stlcardsfan2004 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Yea. I got him late in the draft. I didn't think he would be anything special, but he turned out to be great so far. I'm so happy I got him, but I'm afraid he will get hurt like he has almost every year. Should I trade him or do you guys still think I should keep him?
Stlcardsfan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bleach168 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:44 pm

Didn't like him pre-season. Still don't like him now.

Against Tampa - 1.29 ERA, 0.95 WHIP
Against everyone else - 4.20 ERA, 1.29 WHIP

I don't HATE Brown, I just don't like him.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Great Scott(i)! » Thu May 06, 2004 1:46 pm

Brown had a great year last year and said coming into this year that he hasn't felt this good in years. His back is at 100% (Or at least, relatively 100% for Kevin Brown.) and so long as it holds up and Joe and Mel keep his pitch counts relatively low, look for another strong season with 30-35 outtings, 17-20 wins, 250 or so K and around a 2.50 ERA.

Plus, he's got one of the most dangerous lineups in history hitting for him, and Vazquez pitching after him, so... there isn't as much pressure on him as there was in LA. Everyone tagged Moose the ace of the Yankee staff coming into the year, but it's clear that Brown is the ace. Vazquez's fantastic start not withstanding, the focus is all on Moose and the struggling Yankee lineup (Though it's awake now.) So he's out of the spotlight, off the Ace label and pitching like Kevin Brown does... down right flithy.
Last edited by Great Scott(i)! on Thu May 06, 2004 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...what's one more year?
Great Scott(i)!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Stlcardsfan2004 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:46 pm

Yea, I realized that too. His first 3 wins were against Tampa Bay. But I think that with the Yankees backing him up, he will have a good season if he stays healthy.
Stlcardsfan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sinicalypse » Thu May 06, 2004 1:51 pm

thanks to miraculous advances in modern science, i think he can keep it up til he's 75 years old.

(seriously, uhh, it's all health with k-brown. everyone knows he can pitch, its just a matter of when his body falls apart from that herky jerky "let's do the twist" motion in his delivery)[/img]
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Stlcardsfan2004 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:54 pm

Yea, I know. I just can't let him get hurt. If everyone thinks he is, then I don't want to keep him. I already have Preston Wilson on the DL, and I don't want another.
Stlcardsfan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby point06 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:55 pm

I was thinking of trading him today for Clemens, but I might have to throw in someone like Konerko to get that done. I like him, but I am afraid of injury.
point06
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers