Sexson update??? is it worth shipping out delgado for him?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sexson update??? is it worth shipping out delgado for him??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sexson update??? is it worth shipping out delgado for him??

Postby red sox rule!!! » Thu May 06, 2004 1:17 pm

so wuts the update on his injury. I heard sexson said no more than 2 weeks. On the other hand i heard from someone else 4-6. than from someone else 6-8.

one of my buddies wants to make a package deal. He wants delgado and he said he is willing to give me sexson in a package deal. He said possibly webb and sexson for delgado.

Delgado is heating up right now but i dont know how long he can keep it up. doesnt he havea bad knee. and personally i think sexson has better bats surrounding him.

Is it worth the gamble to dish out delgado in hopes that sexson comes back soon?????

please answer asap.
red sox rule!!!
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bell » Thu May 06, 2004 4:00 pm

That's an intriguing deal. Right now Sexson is out about four weeks. It's just a matter of time as he strengthens his shoulder to see what he is physically capable of. Hopefully he's not going to lose that power stroke for the remainder of the season. :-o

If you have a legitimate fill-in at first in the meantime I think it's a high-reward risk.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Thu May 06, 2004 4:22 pm

What do you mean how long can he keep it up.The guy is one of the most feared sluggers in baseball since he came in the league.That knee injury is something he had last year and he still managed to the light the lamp like none other.

As far as better bats in Zona, what makes you say that.The Blue Jays have a far better offense than them.Granted they have not got rollin yet but they soon will as evident by Wells 2 homer game.

Sexsons injury sounds pretty bad and 2 weeks would be overly optimistic.Even if it was just 2 weeks shoulders injury zap power.

I would keep Delgado and let someone else deal with an injury and a sophmore pitcher who hasnt been all that impressive this year.
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby red sox rule!!! » Thu May 06, 2004 6:41 pm

thanks for your advise guys. i think ill stick with delgado
red sox rule!!!
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Sexson update??? is it worth shipping out delgado for him??

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:49 pm

red sox rule!!! wrote:so wuts the update on his injury. I heard sexson said no more than 2 weeks. On the other hand i heard from someone else 4-6. than from someone else 6-8.

one of my buddies wants to make a package deal. He wants delgado and he said he is willing to give me sexson in a package deal. He said possibly webb and sexson for delgado.

Delgado is heating up right now but i dont know how long he can keep it up. doesnt he havea bad knee. and personally i think sexson has better bats surrounding him.

Is it worth the gamble to dish out delgado in hopes that sexson comes back soon?????

please answer asap.

Better bats? Yes because Chad Tracy is better than Hinske, Gonzo is better than V Wells right? Ooh Steve Finley? Come on. You must be joking. Id rather have Delgado over Sexson anyways. Delgado will hit for a better average, give more RBIs and just as many home runs.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers