Vent here - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vent here

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mordraken » Thu May 06, 2004 1:37 pm

Over the season, I'd say that's about right. Problem is... over the past 3 weeks, the entire team is pathetic.

Just to project out some numbers for that team... If they continue on as they have been, and since most teams have played about 28 games, some noteably bad projected numbers would be:

Lo Duca - 32 RBIs on the year (has had 1 RBI since April 22nd, and that was on his first HR since 2003)
Vidro won't crack 55 runs or RBIs for the year
Koskie won't break 40 runs or RBIs on the year
Cintron - 57 runs and 31 RBIs on the year.
Bonds - 66 RBIs for the year
Aubry Huff - 31 RBIs...

It's not the first 2 weeks (which were good for a few people) it's the past 3 weeks... When this week's done, I'll be interested to see where these guys fall in the monthly standings. My bet is they'll be ranked around Manuel Lee and Rey Sanchez.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hersch223 » Thu May 06, 2004 1:39 pm

blankman wrote:I never figured I'd be in 4th in a 5 team league with this team :~( (after one trade):

What's the point of a 5 team league?
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

Postby blankman » Thu May 06, 2004 5:30 pm

hersch223 wrote:
blankman wrote:I never figured I'd be in 4th in a 5 team league with this team :~( (after one trade):

What's the point of a 5 team league?

Here we go again. !+) You have to play it to find out. In short, it makes for different strategies.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MLBfanatic04 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:03 pm

I was in a five team last year, it was good

Every player is a player that makes sportscenter and it becomes extremely easy to track, and if you are in a league where everyone is active, then it makes it even better. :-b

Last year in the 5 team league roto i made 27 trades and lost by .5 on the second to last game :-o
MLBfanatic04
College Coach
College Coach

Postby blankman » Thu May 06, 2004 7:43 pm

MLBfanatic04 wrote:I was in a five team last year, it was good

Every player is a player that makes sportscenter and it becomes extremely easy to track, and if you are in a league where everyone is active, then it makes it even better. :-b

Having everyone active is an absolute must with so many teams. This year in my league we expanded the starting rosters so force a bit more depth. I think its definately fun, IF played with the right people.

One thing though, you(anyone) really should try it before you badmouth it. Its not for everyone but I enjoy it.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers