Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Smizzy » Thu May 06, 2004 3:59 pm

blankman wrote:
Smizzy wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:I've been to 3 games this year including a Redsox game and the worst I've heard is a soft 1918 chant out in the bleachers that continued on for like 1 batter. Nothing like Red Sox suck though, which you can clearly hear ON YOUR TV in games at Fenway.

Are you kidding.........Ask Patriot fans why they chant "Yankees suck" at the super bowl parade.

huh? :-?

It's sad that even with a championship Bostonians can't even enjoy it....It only made the realize that no matter what...they still can't beat the yankees.
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Thu May 06, 2004 4:01 pm

Smizzy wrote:
blankman wrote:
Jose Contreras is 72 wrote:I double dog dare you to go in wearing a Red Sox hat.

Why would we do that when we are Yankee fans in the first place? Thats like us daring you to go to Fenway with a Yankee hat. The same thing happens and I don't doubt that the reaction is worse at Fenway.

BTW I have seen people wearing Red Sox hats at Yankee Stadium (not Sox vs Yanks games though) and no one says anything to him. In fact a writer for ESPN Page 2 did the same thing last year in the bleachers (wearing all Red Sox gear) he wrote that no one harassed him.

I have also sat in Yankee stadium next to Red Sox fans and they were not harassed. On several occasions too not just once.
Last edited by Amazinz on Thu May 06, 2004 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu May 06, 2004 4:01 pm

Smizzy wrote:
blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:Blankman, nearly every Yankee game I go to I hear Red Sox suck chants and 1918... all the time.

Anyway, I'll throw this out there: The 2003 Red Sox were better than the 2003 Yankees. Discuss.

I personally have never heard Red Sox suck.

As for 2003:
It makes no difference who was better. The fact: The Yankees beat the Red Sox in the ALCS. Thats all there is to it. Nothing else matters.

I go to atleast 10-15 games a year........and i NEVER hear "boston sucks" chants...NEVER.

So save all your BS stories.

Perhaps you should better respect my opinions. Ask around. I'm not one to make stuff up.

I have heard Boston Suck chants, but you're right, they are not as loud and as prevalent as Yankee suck chants. I am sick of the Yankee Suck chants. Seriously. It's one thing to do it at a game against the Yankees, but I was at an Orioles game the other day and I heard it. Annoying. And at Patriots games.

Red Sox fans have to get over their obsession with the Yankees. Play the current games, cheer against the Yankees, whatever, but first root for your team.

While it is true that whether the Sox were better than the Yankees last year is a moot point, I think it's true. I also believe the Yankees were a better team than the Marlins.

And saying that the Marlins have won two World Series in ten years and comparing that to the Sox is rather unfair, wouldn't you say? Take a look at the Marlins division vs. the Sox's.

Lastly, I have no idea--no idea!!--what Kevin Millar being a former Marlin has to do with anything.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ajgnydc227 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:04 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Smizzy wrote:
blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:Blankman, nearly every Yankee game I go to I hear Red Sox suck chants and 1918... all the time.

Anyway, I'll throw this out there: The 2003 Red Sox were better than the 2003 Yankees. Discuss.

I personally have never heard Red Sox suck.

As for 2003:
It makes no difference who was better. The fact: The Yankees beat the Red Sox in the ALCS. Thats all there is to it. Nothing else matters.

I go to atleast 10-15 games a year........and i NEVER hear "boston sucks" chants...NEVER.

So save all your BS stories.

Perhaps you should better respect my opinions. Ask around. I'm not one to make stuff up.

I have heard Boston Suck chants, but you're right, they are not as loud and as prevalent as Yankee suck chants. I am sick of the Yankee Suck chants. Seriously. It's one thing to do it at a game against the Yankees, but I was at an Orioles game the other day and I heard it. Annoying. And at Patriots games.

Red Sox fans have to get over their obsession with the Yankees. Play the current games, cheer against the Yankees, whatever, but first root for your team.

While it is true that whether the Sox were better than the Yankees last year is a moot point, I think it's true. I also believe the Yankees were a better team than the Marlins.

And saying that the Marlins have won two World Series in ten years and comparing that to the Sox is rather unfair, wouldn't you say? Take a look at the Marlins division vs. the Sox's.

Lastly, I have no idea--no idea!!--what Kevin Millar being a former Marlin has to do with anything.

I'm sure there are Red Sox Suck chants going on at Yankee Stadium. But as you said, Red Sox fans take it to a whole new level.

The Yankees lost the game I went to and while there was another game to play the next day, two Red Sox fans found it appropriate to chant SWEEP as loud as they could as everyone was exiting the stadium.
Formerly known as ajgdrummer7
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu May 06, 2004 4:05 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I went to a Sox-Yanks game 2 weeks ago. There were Redsox fans in the crowd near me screaming and cheering when the Sox did well. Nobody said a damn thing. I've been there 3 times already this year and have heard nothing. How many times have you been there this year and exactly what have you heard?

I haven't been to the Stadium this year.

I was at Game 7, and I was wearing a red Varitek t-shirt and a Sox hat, my brother was wearing a Nomar Jersey and a Sox hat.

We cheered our heads off and were not jeered, did not have anything thrown at as and were generally respected.

I had conversations with Yankee fans about why Little was leaving Pedro in--before he started the 8th inning--and we couldn't understand it. I was talking to a kid in the fifth or sixth inning who was really depressed because his Yanks were losing--I told him not to worry, Yanks don't die easily.

One guy in front of us was mad at my brother's cheer--it was rather obnoxious, especially after Ortiz's homerun--but all he did was turn around and clap in our faces when Boone's homerun cleared.

We heard a lot of jeers and Red Sox suck chants and 1918 when we left, but to be honest, I can't blame them.

That's all. I don't think I can relive the memories anymore.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Thu May 06, 2004 4:06 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Red Sox fans have to get over their obsession with the Yankees. Play the current games, cheer against the Yankees, whatever, but first root for your team.

Finally, someone comes forward ;-D ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ajgnydc227 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:08 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:I went to a Sox-Yanks game 2 weeks ago. There were Redsox fans in the crowd near me screaming and cheering when the Sox did well. Nobody said a damn thing. I've been there 3 times already this year and have heard nothing. How many times have you been there this year and exactly what have you heard?

I haven't been to the Stadium this year.

I was at Game 7, and I was wearing a red Varitek t-shirt and a Sox hat, my brother was wearing a Nomar Jersey and a Sox hat.

We cheered our heads off and were not jeered, did not have anything thrown at as and were generally respected.

I had conversations with Yankee fans about why Little was leaving Pedro in--before he started the 8th inning--and we couldn't understand it. I was talking to a kid in the fifth or sixth inning who was really depressed because his Yanks were losing--I told him not to worry, Yanks don't die easily.

One guy in front of us was mad at my brother's cheer--it was rather obnoxious, especially after Ortiz's homerun--but all he did was turn around and clap in our faces when Boone's homerun cleared.

We heard a lot of jeers and Red Sox suck chants and 1918 when we left, but to be honest, I can't blame them.

That's all. I don't think I can relive the memories anymore.

:-D I understand.

Well, then again, maybe I don't. :-b
Formerly known as ajgdrummer7
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby PresHabib » Thu May 06, 2004 4:14 pm

Two of my friends (red sox fans) went to game 7 of the LCS last year in their Red Sox gear...they were harassed, but only after the yankees started winning...what that means, i dont know nor do I care to know...just saying that it happens I guess....however, STILL, i can't argue the fact that Sox fans are alot more obsessed with the Yankees than vice versa...Yankees suck chants at games that don't involve the Yankees, though they make me laugh, are silly and unnecessary.

Smizzy wrote:
blankman wrote:
Smizzy wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:I've been to 3 games this year including a Redsox game and the worst I've heard is a soft 1918 chant out in the bleachers that continued on for like 1 batter. Nothing like Red Sox suck though, which you can clearly hear ON YOUR TV in games at Fenway.

Are you kidding.........Ask Patriot fans why they chant "Yankees suck" at the super bowl parade.

huh? :-?

It's sad that even with a championship Bostonians can't even enjoy it....It only made the realize that no matter what...they still can't beat the yankees.

What, Smizzy? Your means do not justify your ends. To claim that a Yankees suck chant proves ANYTHING besides that Red Sox fans are obsessed with the state of the Yankees is absurd. I can't justify their prescence at non Sox/Yanks games, its kinda dumb, but don't start thinking that you have any inkling that it implies anything you claim it does.

I did hear that a Yankees suck chant broke out at a barmitzfah in Oregon though.

And transmo is ABSOLUTELY a respected objective mind of the cafe.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Smizzy » Thu May 06, 2004 4:18 pm

What, Smizzy? Your means do not justify your ends. To claim that a Yankees suck chant proves ANYTHING besides that Red Sox fans are obsessed with the state of the Yankees is absurd. I can't justify their prescence at non Sox/Yanks games, its kinda dumb, but don't start thinking that you have any inkling that it implies anything you claim it does.

I did hear that a Yankees suck chant broke out at a barmitzfah in Oregon though.

Why are the obsessed with the yankees?

Cuz they can't beat em.[/quote]
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu May 06, 2004 4:49 pm

Smizzy wrote:

Why are the obsessed with the yankees?

Cuz they can't beat em.
[/quote]

I think you're partly right, but it has more to do with the fact that they are their main rival in their division--and they are the kings of baseball. Even if the Sox beat the Yankees a lot, they'd still be obsessed because they are the team everyone wants to beat.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers