Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc227 » Thu May 06, 2004 3:43 pm

I've been to 3 games this year including a Redsox game and the worst I've heard is a soft 1918 chant out in the bleachers that continued on for like 1 batter. Nothing like Red Sox suck though, which you can clearly hear ON YOUR TV in games at Fenway.
Formerly known as ajgdrummer7
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jose Contreras is 72 » Thu May 06, 2004 3:44 pm

Who in their right mind would have bet against NY in that series? (other maybe some Sox fans with wishful thinking)[/quote]

I'll give you a big, fat, "Touche'" to that, but the rest of your non-2004 dribble got cut for good reason.
Jose Contreras is 72
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jose Contreras is 72 » Thu May 06, 2004 3:48 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I've been to 3 games this year including a Redsox game and the worst I've heard is a soft 1918 chant out in the bleachers that continued on for like 1 batter. Nothing like Red Sox suck though, which you can clearly hear ON YOUR TV in games at Fenway.

Okay, you're underselling it.......well, a lot - but the fact is that we're much more assholish. A "Yankees Suck" chant broke out at my Grandmother's funeral. 'Nuff said, no?

I guess to defend that somewhat, she'd have turned 87 this year.

That said, if you're that blind to what goes on in the Stadium, I double dog dare you to go in wearing a Red Sox hat.
Jose Contreras is 72
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby blankman » Thu May 06, 2004 3:48 pm

Jose Contreras is 72 wrote:Who in their right mind would have bet against NY in that series? (other maybe some Sox fans with wishful thinking)

I'll give you a big, fat, "Touche'" to that, but the rest of your non-2004 dribble got cut for good reason.[/quote]

If you're going to consider the other part "dribble" what should we call your "arguement" about Millar? To me and it seems many others, that "arguement" makes absolutely no sense. Would you like to explain it for us?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Smizzy » Thu May 06, 2004 3:51 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I've been to 3 games this year including a Redsox game and the worst I've heard is a soft 1918 chant out in the bleachers that continued on for like 1 batter. Nothing like Red Sox suck though, which you can clearly hear ON YOUR TV in games at Fenway.

Are you kidding.........Ask Patriot fans why they chant "Yankees suck" at the super bowl parade.

They have a complex...they can't even win a superbowl without it hurting the city.

You stinkin chowda heads are hilarious.
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby blankman » Thu May 06, 2004 3:51 pm

Jose Contreras is 72 wrote:I double dog dare you to go in wearing a Red Sox hat.

Why would we do that when we are Yankee fans in the first place? Thats like us daring you to go to Fenway with a Yankee hat. The same thing happens and I don't doubt that the reaction is worse at Fenway.

BTW I have seen people wearing Red Sox hats at Yankee Stadium (not Sox vs Yanks games though) and no one says anything to him. In fact a writer for ESPN Page 2 did the same thing last year in the bleachers (wearing all Red Sox gear) he wrote that no one harassed him.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Thu May 06, 2004 3:53 pm

Smizzy wrote:

Are you kidding.........Ask Patriot fans why they chant "Yankees suck" at the super bowl parade.

huh? :-?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ajgnydc227 » Thu May 06, 2004 3:53 pm

Smizzy wrote:

They have a complex...they can't even win a superbowl without it hurting the city.

You stinkin chowda heads are hilarious.

My friend was at a Patriot game last year. They showed the Redsox LIVE beating the A's in teh ALDS on the scoreboard. The crowd proceeded to chant YANKEES SUCK. Don't give me your crap JC.

And I think we are all DYING to hear your response to the Millar statement so please don't keep us waiting.
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Smizzy » Thu May 06, 2004 3:53 pm

blankman wrote:
Jose Contreras is 72 wrote:I double dog dare you to go in wearing a Red Sox hat.

Why would we do that when we are Yankee fans in the first place? Thats like us daring you to go to Fenway with a Yankee hat. The same thing happens and I don't doubt that the reaction is worse at Fenway.

BTW I have seen people wearing Red Sox hats at Yankee Stadium (not Sox vs Yanks games though) and no one says anything to him. In fact a writer for ESPN Page 2 did the same thing last year in the bleachers (wearing all Red Sox gear) he wrote that no one harassed him.
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ajgnydc227 » Thu May 06, 2004 3:58 pm

I went to a Sox-Yanks game 2 weeks ago. There were Redsox fans in the crowd near me screaming and cheering when the Sox did well. Nobody said a damn thing. I've been there 3 times already this year and have heard nothing. How many times have you been there this year and exactly what have you heard?
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers