Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry.

Postby Great Scott(i)! » Wed May 05, 2004 9:21 pm

I love it. I'm a Yankee fan, have been since I was knee high to a june bug through the mostly crappy 80's with Donny Baseball (Class act, he is). But, here's the catch... I moved to Boston to go to school, and still live there after. Do I let go of my Yankee pride? Hell no. It's a blast being a Yankee fan in Boston.

Anyway, I have the upmost respect for the Sox, and their fans. What other city would a ballclub go 87 years without a title and have the club STILL be in the city. It's a testament to the devotion of the some of the best fans in sports.

But is there anything better than being a true fan of either team? I don't think so. Everyone hates how they spend and spend and yes, the Sox spend quite a bit in their own right. But this offseason war to better eachother - loved it. The fact that the Sox took the Yankees down early in the season... well, I didn't much like that. But man, last year's ALCS, this year's season... the playoffs, all the games they play against eachother, the rivalry, my Red Sox friends laughing while the Yankees get pounded, I love it all.

So, if you're a Yankees or Sox diehard - post your opinion on the rivalry ;-D
Image
...what's one more year?
Great Scott(i)!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 64
Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc227 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:27 pm

I love it, I love it, I love it.

I love us losing in April and May and all the Redsox fans getting excited. I love them screaming "THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!"

But most of all I love how we crush their dreams in October every year. Haha. :-D

It's the best rivalry in sports and I love everything about it. I hope the Redsox make it to the ALCS as well as the Yankees so we can all witness another historic matchup between these two. I love it all. If I had to choose between a Yankees~Redsox ALCS Game 7 or a World Series Yankees-Marlins Game 7....call me crazy but I'm taking the ALCS game because it's so much more fun to watch and be around. It's what baseball is all about. ;-D
Formerly known as ajgdrummer7
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 35
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The House that Ruth Built

Postby Pedro » Wed May 05, 2004 9:28 pm

I hate....losing :~(
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 496
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cambridge, MA

Re: Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry.

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:29 pm

Great Scott(i)! wrote:I love it. I'm a Yankee fan, have been since I was knee high to a june bug through the mostly crappy 80's with Donny Baseball (Class act, he is). But, here's the catch... I moved to Boston to go to school, and still live there after. Do I let go of my Yankee pride? Hell no. It's a blast being a Yankee fan in Boston.

Anyway, I have the upmost respect for the Sox, and their fans. What other city would a ballclub go 87 years without a title and have the club STILL be in the city. It's a testament to the devotion of the some of the best fans in sports.

But is there anything better than being a true fan of either team? I don't think so. Everyone hates how they spend and spend and yes, the Sox spend quite a bit in their own right. But this offseason war to better eachother - loved it. The fact that the Sox took the Yankees down early in the season... well, I didn't much like that. But man, last year's ALCS, this year's season... the playoffs, all the games they play against eachother, the rivalry, my Red Sox friends laughing while the Yankees get pounded, I love it all.

So, if you're a Yankees or Sox diehard - post your opinion on the rivalry ;-D

how bout the cubs? Its been 96 years since the Cubs have won, and they sell out every single game. The white sox havent won in forever either, they havent moved. Or the Cleveland Indians. Boston has at least been to the world series a couple times in that span of 87 years. The cubs have been there once in their 96 years and white sox havent been to the world series in decades. None of these teams have moved out, and personally the cubs fans I think are more diehard then RedSox fans.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Re: Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry.

Postby Great Scott(i)! » Wed May 05, 2004 9:31 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Great Scott(i)! wrote:I love it. I'm a Yankee fan, have been since I was knee high to a june bug through the mostly crappy 80's with Donny Baseball (Class act, he is). But, here's the catch... I moved to Boston to go to school, and still live there after. Do I let go of my Yankee pride? Hell no. It's a blast being a Yankee fan in Boston.

Anyway, I have the upmost respect for the Sox, and their fans. What other city would a ballclub go 87 years without a title and have the club STILL be in the city. It's a testament to the devotion of the some of the best fans in sports.

But is there anything better than being a true fan of either team? I don't think so. Everyone hates how they spend and spend and yes, the Sox spend quite a bit in their own right. But this offseason war to better eachother - loved it. The fact that the Sox took the Yankees down early in the season... well, I didn't much like that. But man, last year's ALCS, this year's season... the playoffs, all the games they play against eachother, the rivalry, my Red Sox friends laughing while the Yankees get pounded, I love it all.

So, if you're a Yankees or Sox diehard - post your opinion on the rivalry ;-D

how bout the cubs? Its been 96 years since the Cubs have won, and they sell out every single game. The white sox havent won in forever either, they havent moved. Or the Cleveland Indians. Boston has at least been to the world series a couple times in that span of 87 years. The cubs have been there once in their 96 years and white sox havent been to the world series in decades. None of these teams have moved out, and personally the cubs fans I think are more diehard then RedSox fans.


This wasn't the point of the thread, but er... alright. :*)
Image
...what's one more year?
Great Scott(i)!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 64
Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry.

Postby ajgnydc227 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:32 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Great Scott(i)! wrote:I love it. I'm a Yankee fan, have been since I was knee high to a june bug through the mostly crappy 80's with Donny Baseball (Class act, he is). But, here's the catch... I moved to Boston to go to school, and still live there after. Do I let go of my Yankee pride? Hell no. It's a blast being a Yankee fan in Boston.

Anyway, I have the upmost respect for the Sox, and their fans. What other city would a ballclub go 87 years without a title and have the club STILL be in the city. It's a testament to the devotion of the some of the best fans in sports.

But is there anything better than being a true fan of either team? I don't think so. Everyone hates how they spend and spend and yes, the Sox spend quite a bit in their own right. But this offseason war to better eachother - loved it. The fact that the Sox took the Yankees down early in the season... well, I didn't much like that. But man, last year's ALCS, this year's season... the playoffs, all the games they play against eachother, the rivalry, my Red Sox friends laughing while the Yankees get pounded, I love it all.

So, if you're a Yankees or Sox diehard - post your opinion on the rivalry ;-D

how bout the cubs? Its been 96 years since the Cubs have won, and they sell out every single game. The white sox havent won in forever either, they havent moved. Or the Cleveland Indians. Boston has at least been to the world series a couple times in that span of 87 years. The cubs have been there once in their 96 years and white sox havent been to the world series in decades. None of these teams have moved out, and personally the cubs fans I think are more diehard then RedSox fans.


True but the story behind the Redsox is so unbelieveable that you cannot top it no matter how hard you try. Redsox sell the greatest player in history to the Yankees. Championships since? Redsox 0, Yankees 26. All the meltdowns Boston has against the Yankees....just unbelieveable. That's why I love it.
Formerly known as ajgdrummer7
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 35
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The House that Ruth Built

Postby blankman » Wed May 05, 2004 9:48 pm

Haven't you heard? There is no rivalry. In a rivalry teams go back and forth with who wins. But we all know who nearly always wins in this "rivalry." :-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:50 pm

Of course your a little biased because your an east coast fan and Im from midwest. So am I. How many meltdowns has the red sox had directly against the yankees though?? The one last year, but that was a lucky homerun, not a true season blowing meltdown, like the '69 Cubs, who were a mortal lock for the WS going into september and somehow managed to blow it. I brought up that statement because you asked a question, what citys would not win a title in that long and still have the team and I gave you 3 teams. I called your bet on that. Btw, you Yankee fans are spoiled. Your dissapointed if you lose the world series in 7 games, while Ill be happy if my team gets to the world series in my lifetime. (though id like to see them win it :-D )
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby ajgnydc227 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:53 pm

Well the Sox also melted down in 1978 if you remember. Up 14 games on the Yankees, they lose their lead and give up an unexpected homer to Bucky Dent and lose in the one-game playoff to win the pennant.

Not just against the Yankees nessicarily though. How about 1986? Bill Buckner ring any bells? :-D
Formerly known as ajgdrummer7
ajgnydc227
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 35
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The House that Ruth Built

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:57 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Well the Sox also melted down in 1978 if you remember. Up 14 games on the Yankees, they lose their lead and give up an unexpected homer to Bucky Dent and lose in the one-game playoff to win the pennant.

Not just against the Yankees nessicarily though. How about 1986? Bill Buckner ring any bells? :-D

wasnt born in 78, im only 15 :-D . Oh btw, guess who Bill Buckner played for before the BoSox? You guessed it, the cubs. Cubs bad luck has been around longer than Red Sox, and it will probably be around long after :~( . Once again, Bill Buckners bad grounder was more of a freak play than a true meltdown. The meltdown in that game was when the Sox let the bases get loaded.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 23:33 hours
(and 92 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact