Are The Big Three In Oakland Done??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are The Big Three In Oakland Done???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed May 05, 2004 6:03 pm

I don't think it's anywhere near the end of the big 3.

Era/Whip numbers should be good as usual. Wins are team dependant. I drafted both Zito and Mulder in different leagues this year, but certainly did not bank on them to win a bunch of games. Just a solid starter that I could put out there every 5 days. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Wed May 05, 2004 6:43 pm

wow I never thought I would see the day that someone would start a "are ther oakland big 3 done" forum.

Tim Hudson
Barry Zito
Mark Mulder

ARE FAR FROM DONE!

By the way one reason for the early struggles is simple, look who they have gone against.

2 series VS the high powered Angels

2 series VS the 1st place and slammin offensive Rangers

2 series VS the now on trach murders row yankees

Throw in TB & Seattle in between (btw only Hudson faced TB, and Hudson faced seattle twice, Mulder faced seattle once I believe.)

Zito has had

Game 1: Rangers
Game 2: Rangers
Game 3: Angels
Game 4: Angels
Game 5: Yankees
Game 6: Yankees

Name another SP in the AL, that went thru that in their first 6 starts? Hudson & Mulder are only ones who come close.

Why does Tim Hudson so far have the best ratios & win-loss?

He has had an easier schedule so far then zito & mulder

The A's trio are always contenders for the cy young, this year is no diffrent neither is next year.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby G-Man » Wed May 05, 2004 7:14 pm

hudson had a rough start to the season last year but i'd say he came around OK :*) I have always felt he is the safest and best of the three but they will all be fine.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mtarail » Wed May 05, 2004 7:20 pm

Longhorns76 wrote:Mulder and Hudson will be fine. Zito is the one I would worry about. He doesn't appear like himself.

I pretty much agree with that. Zito's my only concern. I think he'll have a solid year, but after this rough start and the dive his strikeouts took last year I don't know if we'll see the statistical dominance that he displayed in 2001 or 2002.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishdude103 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:42 pm

i wouldn't worry about them, they will turn it around
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WhiteHot » Wed May 05, 2004 7:44 pm

I think they should send Zito to the bullpen. I think he's lost something.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Wed May 05, 2004 9:45 pm

This thread makes me want to bang my head into a wall.,...why even post something asking that......why do people come here and say that after one bad week, that great players might be done

"Man, Clemens gave up 6 ER, man he must be done" that crap isfor analytic idiots @ Baseball tonight to jump on

Leave that crap for 5th graders who dont knwo any better and who dont research statistics before they ask something....why dont you look @ splits on who they have pitched against historically and then you make your own decision....

Jose COntreras=unproven, =maybe done

Also, what did you mean by DONE...like their careers are done? They are done for the seaosn? That they are hurt?
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed May 05, 2004 11:51 pm

kcbelieves wrote:This thread makes me want to bang my head into a wall.,...why even post something asking that......why do people come here and say that after one bad week, that great players might be done

"Man, Clemens gave up 6 ER, man he must be done" that crap isfor analytic idiots @ Baseball tonight to jump on

Leave that crap for 5th graders who dont knwo any better and who dont research statistics before they ask something....why dont you look @ splits on who they have pitched against historically and then you make your own decision....

Also, what did you mean by DONE...like their careers are done? They are done for the seaosn? That they are hurt?

Agreed. The Big Three aren't done. The only one that worries me is Zito, that declining k/9 is worrisome.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtarail » Thu May 06, 2004 1:12 am

WhiteHot wrote:I think they should send Zito to the bullpen. I think he's lost something.

Uhhh. Let's see. :-?

We're talking about a Cy Young winner who can barely hit 90mph on the gun. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that he's just fine where he is. A "struggling" Zito is still better than 95% of the other pitchers in the league.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jpbusta » Thu May 06, 2004 2:29 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
kcbelieves wrote:This thread makes me want to bang my head into a wall.,...why even post something asking that......why do people come here and say that after one bad week, that great players might be done

Agreed. The Big Three aren't done. The only one that worries me is Zito, that declining k/9 is worrisome.

So far this season, he's been giving up a lot of runs but actually he's been getting enough amount of Ks. He pitched 35 innings so far with 29 Ks. Better percentage than last years. It's a question that if he'll keep up this much Ks per innings but he doesn't look bad at all. :-)
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers