Corey Patterson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Patterson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Corey Patterson

Postby Steve Kemp » Wed May 05, 2004 12:02 pm

As a result of the knee injury, he hasn't yet performed the way he did last year. I'm thinkiing he'll get stronger as the year progresses and usually the Cubs home offense heats up with the weather, so I'm looking to grab him now as a throw in player. What do you guys see him doing from here on out?
Alan Trammell should be in the Hall
Steve Kemp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fiz » Wed May 05, 2004 12:13 pm

i think cp is overrated - he has never had a high batting avg, never walks EVER, and swings at bad pitches. add to that he is coming back from a bum knee and the cubs dont run (cp's 3 sbs were all off of piazza) and i don't think he's worth pursuing...

i bet his yearlong stats will be .270 25 hrs, 80 rbi (batting 2), 15 sbs...i just dont like him that much, and this is coming from a cubs fan
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed May 05, 2004 12:43 pm

fiz wrote:i think cp is overrated - he has never had a high batting avg, never walks EVER, and swings at bad pitches. add to that he is coming back from a bum knee and the cubs dont run (cp's 3 sbs were all off of piazza) and i don't think he's worth pursuing...

i bet his yearlong stats will be .270 25 hrs, 80 rbi (batting 2), 15 sbs...i just dont like him that much, and this is coming from a cubs fan

i agree. those arent terrible numbers but they are lower than what many people had him pegged for. his knee is supposedly fine. in the games i have watched he doesnt seem to show any ill effects so assuming that his current struggles are related to the knee might not be accurate.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby planet » Wed May 05, 2004 1:43 pm

youre crazy if you dont fear corey patterson... when he gets hot its like molten lava... you can't touch him... we're 5 days into may... lets not be too hasty...
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed May 05, 2004 1:45 pm

Cp will DEFINATELY have at least 20 SBs this year, unless he gets hurt. No doubt in my mind.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 05, 2004 1:46 pm

fiz wrote:i think cp is overrated - he has never had a high batting avg, never walks EVER, and swings at bad pitches. add to that he is coming back from a bum knee and the cubs dont run (cp's 3 sbs were all off of piazza) and i don't think he's worth pursuing...

I dont even think Corey has even played a full major league season yet, so lets not be hasty. I dont like the low amount of steals, makes you think hes not confident enough to get them since Dusty said he had the green light at all times. Im a little disappointed in him so far.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ChubbyCubbey » Wed May 05, 2004 2:18 pm

Definately bench him for now. I was at the game last night and hes swinging at first pitches, swinging at bad pitches and hasnt' looked comfortable at the plate for atleast the past two weeks. That being said, this guy has a pretty big upside. He's on my bench right now and there is no way i would drop him. His steals are non existent right now because he simply can not get on base. ONce his hitting heats up, his SB's will go up and he will be a legitamate starter.
His numbers will be 290avg 24hrs 90RBI's 23SB
ChubbyCubbey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers