Rodrigo Lopez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rodrigo Lopez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rodrigo Lopez

Postby Paco625 » Wed May 05, 2004 8:28 am

Anyone here anything about him starting for Baltimore. He has been amazing in long relief and Dubose is sturggling? He could be a great pick up if he starts, had a couple of great starts last year before he got hurt.
Paco625
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed May 05, 2004 2:56 pm

News: The Baltimore Sun reports that Lopez continues to make a case for taking back a spot in the rotation. He pitched four solid innings of relief allowing only one hit and striking out two against the White Sox Tuesday. "I still have my hopes of coming back [into the rotation]," he said. "I know it could be now or later in the season. Right now, I just need to try to get people out."

Analysis: Lopez is attempting to leapfrog Matt Riley who has recently been pushed back into a reliever role, until the team needs a fifth starter again around May 15. "I'm proud of him [Lopez]," said manager Lee Mazzilli. "I really am because he very easily could have gone the other way. It shows you the kind of character he has. That doesn't go unnoticed, believe me." Lopez has allowed only one earned run and 11 hits in 23 2/3 innings this season. Fantasy owners in AL-only leagues should be starting him and mixed-league owners should prepare to grab him as the middle of the month approaches.

;-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tdogg7722 » Wed May 05, 2004 3:27 pm

Even if he doesn't start, with that young staff he will get plenty of chances for a lot of innings. He picked up a w for me last night, not to mention his ERA and WHIP. I think of him as insurance in case I have a couple of crappy starts in a row (last night, Mulder). That's just my opinion though.
tdogg7722
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby KULCAT » Wed May 05, 2004 4:39 pm

I bet he few up a couple of good games in a row before he foes back to hism old self
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BGbootha » Wed May 05, 2004 4:41 pm

KULCAT wrote:I bet he few up a couple of good games in a row before he foes back to hism old self

this is not english.......is it.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby trac02 » Wed May 05, 2004 4:46 pm

BGbootha wrote:
this is not english.......is it.

Judging by your avatar I thought the line should be: 'Me fail english? That's unpossible!'
trac02
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers