P Elmer Dessens
P Orlando Hernandez
Bench John Lackey
kookzzz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Barron03 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:17 pm

Your team isnt bad. A lot of questions marks though. Loretta being the third basemen is a question. Given in his 100 or so games he had good average, very little power and very little SB. He is only going to help you in average. Bautista is also a question mark. I like him a lot and put up great numbers in his 40 games, but one has to wonder whether or not he can do this for an entire season. Hopefully Alou will be solid if Bautista goes down. Also Rivas isnt that great. He will help you will steals and will have an OK average, but power wise don't expect much. Huff or Giambi should be OK at utility but both question marks.

Pitching wise, closing you look good. Have two premiere closers. Even with Rivera's year last year, his career should leave you with no questions as to whether or not he will bounce back. Starting pitching is a whole other issue. Ortiz and Colon will be solid, and I think that Lackey will also be solid. I dont think El Duque or Dessens will have great seasons. Dessens won't repeat his ERA in my opinion and El Duque doesn't have the Yankees backing him up this year and that should cause some concern.

So you team has a whole lot of question marks and you are most likely going to have to do a lot of pick-ups, trades, and drops throughout the season to be successful.
Barron03
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Andy1234 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:55 pm

Huff should be your UTIL starter over Alex Gonzalez, no matter which Alex Gonzalez it is. Overall I think your team is pretty weak.
Andy1234

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Josh » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:38 pm

you are definately weak at starting pitching and 2b, and 3b. Look for your waiver wire for upgrades at these positions. You may try to trade for a starting pitcher. Maybe Bonds? Definately needs some work though.
Josh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:53 pm

I have to agree that I think overall, your team is kinda weak. Aside from your stud closers and Bonds and Abreu, you have no true star players. Kendall is good and I like Renteria and Olerud, but only if I have some better players at other IF spots, which you don't. Definately start Huff over any Alex Gonzalez at UT.

Your starters aren't horrible, but I guess I would think that you might have better starters, because your bats aren't that huge, either......

How many teams in this league?
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby kookzzz » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:35 pm

Its a 12 team leage, those arent my starters and bench, jus the order they were drafted, i got a feeling about alot of these guys, this is gonna be thier year, i think imma kick ass and win it all
kookzzz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Huff

Postby PablanoPepper » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:40 pm

Huff will need to be your 3B as soon as he qualifies. Get Loretta out of there. Start Vina at the Util over Gonzalez. Get El Duque out of your starting lineup. He is already hurt. He has the paycheck. he could careless how he performs. He hasn't had a good season yet for the yankees. he is gonna suck for the expos.
PablanoPepper

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team