diehardcubbies/pedantic - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

diehardcubbies/pedantic

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Thu May 06, 2004 10:44 pm

Madison wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Ya im so jealous because strangers on the internet didnt suck up to me. I mean me not getting props from strangers just really steams me! Why hasnt this thread been moved yet? Its nothing more than butt kissing and has nothing to do with baseball or fantasy baseball? No offense was meant to Pedantic or DHC in my original post, but you obv took offense to it because it was deleted. Im just sorta disgusted by the major sucking up going on. Let me guess, next Hazesj and Shortroundphat are going to declare DHC and Pedantic "Lords of the Universe!!!" I hate when garbage like this clutters the Fantasy Baseball Talk forum. This should have gone in General Talk. Or the Butt-Kissing room.

Hmm.......As to "sucking up" Pedantic is not a moderator or an administrative staff member, so I'm not exactly sure why you think anyone is "sucking up".

Quite true. I have no brownie points to give out, no matter how hard you beg. ;-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 06, 2004 10:56 pm

I swear there must be a full moon out or something. People are constantly questioning why threads get moved or deleted. You know what?? I have never seen language like this since Yahoo message boards. People are constantly insulting everyone else so instead of leaving it around to start a riot, we kick it to the curb. If you'll notice, the motto is No spittin', no swearin'.... Now, I have only been a mod for a short time but I see all of the work and effort that goes into this completely unpaid job. We are here to help.

For anyone to say that a thread is unnecessary, it's all relative. Apparently, it was necessary for the person who started it. People come here for lots of reasons. Some for the company and some just for some help with their teams. The reality is if someone gives me some advice that might help me win my $3K league, I am going to be certain to thank that person. If that constitutes brown-nosing, then please get me a kleenex. ;-)

End of rant.......
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:00 pm

Amen
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 07, 2004 8:10 am

I just read this thread and wow, props to DHC and Ped, not only for the help that they dish out but also for putting up with crap like this.

I can't believe that somebody would go out of their way to dump on these guys (or at least pour cold water on a thread that was saying thanks to them). I hope that we all remember these cats the next time that one of them asks us to go out of our way to give them advice, rate their team etc..
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby KULCAT » Fri May 07, 2004 11:06 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I just read this thread and wow, props to DHC and Ped, not only for the help that they dish out but also for putting up with crap like this.

Damn right

I hope that we all remember these cats the next time that one of them asks us to go out of our way to give them advice, rate their team etc..

I certainly will Mook
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Fri May 07, 2004 8:41 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I swear there must be a full moon out or something. People are constantly questioning why threads get moved or deleted. You know what?? I have never seen language like this since Yahoo message boards. People are constantly insulting everyone else so instead of leaving it around to start a riot, we kick it to the curb. If you'll notice, the motto is No spittin', no swearin'.... Now, I have only been a mod for a short time but I see all of the work and effort that goes into this completely unpaid job. We are here to help.

I am in total agreement. No spittin', no swearin'. If you don't believe me, ask Arlo and Mad. Lord knows I've PM'd them before about it multiple times. :-D

I come here to get away from all that (and for some darned good baseball advice :D ). Let's keep it clean.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk