5*5 H2H 14 team league critique needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

5*5 H2H 14 team league critique needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5*5 H2H 14 team league critique needed

Postby robelee » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:37 pm

Hey guys, looking for a little feedback. posted this on another site & never even got a reponse. First the details.
14 team H2H league with the following scoring catagories: Hitting- HR, Rbi, Avg, Sb, & R Pitching: W, Sv, Era, Whip, & K
Important note- My strategy going in was to essentially punt W & K- the league has no min. IP nor designations on which type of pitcher you can start so I am taking the closers & setup men approach intending to win Era, Sv, & whip each weak.
We start: C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, DH, P,P,P,P,P,P.
If you wish to compare my roster to others in the league here is the link: http://ctr.baseball.sportsline.com/teams/grid
My roster:
1B- delgado
2B- Vidro, Cattalanoto
SS- Guzman, Cabrera
3B - Beltre, J. valentin, Blalock
C- Piazza, R. hernandez
OF- C. jones, Abreu, Beltran, P. wilson, C. Lee, & Lawton
Sp- Armas Jr.
Rp - Urbina, Williamson. Julio, M. Anderson, Dotel, Rhodes, L. Vizcaino, & veres.
robelee
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mordraken » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:54 pm

First, the link you posted won't let non-members to view the league.

Looking at your roster, you look pretty stacked on the hitting side. Great everything, although perhaps 3B could be better (I like Beltre & Blaylock as a player with a lot of potential). Only question is with 3 3B, I don't think you'll get them in, and it may be worthwhile to drop the last guy and add another pitcher (below). Same with Lee/Lawton... will they ever see the "daylight" of an active roster spot?

For pitching, do you have enough closers to win saves? I see 3 (Urbina, Williamson, Julio) none of whom will be a top closer (like Wagner, Nen, Sasaki, Rivera... although Urbina may be). Anderson may hurt you, although he may be ok. Dotel & Rhodes are both great in a role like that, but along with Vizcaino & Veres won't get saves. That basically gives you 3 average closers and one poor closer.

Another few guys you may want to look into for the relief role are:
Felix Rodriguez (great set-up man)
Mike Remlinger (could replace at the closer role; consistently great numbers)
Francico Rodriguez
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whoson1st0 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:00 pm

I agree with that assessment...your bullpen is a little weak despite your strategy. Urbina and Julio are no lock for saves or a solid ERA and WHIP althoug I like urbina a whole lot more than Julio. With Julio and Urbina you may sacrifice pts in your ERA and WHIP for a few saves. Your SP armas may also end up doing more harm than good. His ERA and WHIP could hurt you and he won't get enough wins for the 'spos to keep him in your lineup.
I would look to find some more solid era/whip guys.

as for your offense, looks good though SS and 3B may haunt you this year, as your players there could go either way.
whoson1st0

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby robelee » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:32 pm

Sorry about the link guys, I should have that about that.
I do have trade talks ongoing for rivera & benetiz.
given my surplus of OF, would you deal Chipper for Rivera?
robelee
T-Ball Trainer

Postby whoson1st0 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:27 pm

I don't think a trade is necessary yet. Unless you are the kind of player who likes to make a lot of trades (I know plenty of people who are), I would wait to see how things shake out with your team. Guys like Urbina may surprise you, plus with Beltran hurt right now, you may not wanna risk dealing Chipper - before you know it your OF will start looking weak.
whoson1st0

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team