Edgar Martinez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edgar Martinez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ike301 » Wed May 05, 2004 1:47 pm

BGbootha wrote:having grown up in seattle my whole life. It wasn't easy but i just dropped him earlier this week. The guys in front of him aren't getting on base to give him those RBI ops. He is batting in the 5 sport usually, sometimes even the 6.

And with interleague play coming up, there are just better options out there. Sorry Eddy. :-/

ur right about the interleague. but it could be a good thing for him to sit and meditate. i think i may keep him, as he's not a regular player on my roster, just a backup. he just might turn it up, and i want to be there when he does.

but i hear you, there are other talents out there, but i have to say, he's tried and true, no?

would you drop Edgar for scott spiezio?
Post your link, I will answer yours to the best of my knowledge.

"I know what I speak, and I speak what I know."
ike301
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Great Scott(i)! » Wed May 05, 2004 2:06 pm

Yeah, I agree. Drop him... looks like the fountain of youth finally ran out for old Edgar. What a class act though... ;-D
...what's one more year?
Great Scott(i)!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby NZF » Wed May 05, 2004 5:38 pm

I said before the season started on this site that it was sad that Edgar and Raffy Palmiero were playing this year as I could see a large decline for both of them. Great players can sometimes tarnish their careers to a degree by playing that 1 or 2 seasons too long.

It looks like I was right with Gar but so far Raffy is proving me wrong. I did say Raffy was only good for 25 HR's this year though which does drastically reduce his 1B value and that looks about right now he is playing away from Arlington. What suprises me so far is his average. I was thinking more 50 points lower than it is currently. A .265 as opposed to a .315
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

em

Postby bestinwest » Wed May 05, 2004 6:44 pm

give Gar another month, i can tell you right now by end of may his stats will be up, if you're not happy then let him go but he is a great pure hitter andhis age is up but he still can put up great numbers, just in little funk that he should brake out of shortly :-)
bestinwest
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Green Monstah » Fri May 07, 2004 11:06 pm

well, I am glad I kept him...he is 2-2 with a HR and 4 rbi's tonight :-B Maybe this will be the day he gets out of his slump. Old or not, he is still one of the best pure hitters in the league.
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers