Bonds to the Yankees. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds to the Yankees.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonds to the Yankees.

Postby matmat » Tue May 04, 2004 10:15 pm

Alright, before all of you chew me out . . .

I was watching the TBS Braves broadcast and they two announcers were talking about the giants being in new york facing the mutts. Then they mentioned that there are rumours in NY about bonds getting traded to the yanks... then they quickly dismissed it, saying something along the lines of "barry can't pitch," implying that the yankees need arms...

a trade like that might make some sense from the giants pov -- they could use a few good players, even if that means giving up a supserstar...

it sort of makes sense from the NYY p.o.v. too -- george likes big names, wouldn't surprise me if he was going after bonds... the question, though:

anyone in ny hear anything more specific? are these just silly noises?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue May 04, 2004 10:17 pm

The Giants should definitely try to unload Bonds. Once he retires, they instantly become one of the most boring and terrible teams in major league baseball.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BostonBK7 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:18 pm

Lol I thought you were that Beethoven guy making stuff up again.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:19 pm

I agree that the Giants are completely screwed once Bonds retires, but I'll be very angry if the Yankees trade for him. It will NEVER happen though. Bonds will remain a Giant because he likes to be just like his godfather Willie. :-P
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Tue May 04, 2004 10:20 pm

BostonBK7 wrote:Lol I thought you were that Beethoven guy making stuff up again.

i saw that thread. I didn't like it much. Here I am just relaying weird things I've heard recently.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:21 pm

The Giants will keep Bonds. They're jam packed every night. Why? Because of Barry. He sells tickets. He's their huge attraction. It'd be stupid from all aspects for them to get rid of Barry. He'll retire as a Giant.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thetongueofire » Tue May 04, 2004 10:22 pm

the thing is that no matter how many guys they can get from the Yankees, Bonds is a guy that single-handedly puts em in playoff contention. plus the Yankees have zero good cheap talent other than Navarro and thats what the Giants would look for if they look to unload Bonds. on the other hand,i dont remember exactly when but last year i remember Bonds saying that he prolly wont stay in the NL all his career and that he thought that he'll end up DHing in the AL before he retires...
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Tue May 04, 2004 10:39 pm

thetongueofire wrote: on the other hand,i dont remember exactly when but last year i remember Bonds saying that he prolly wont stay in the NL all his career and that he thought that he'll end up DHing in the AL before he retires...

i remember that too, although I was under the impression that he wanted to stay in the bay area.
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayman » Tue May 04, 2004 10:42 pm

Guys, guys, guys... It's like the Borque deal.
Bonds goes to Yanks. Get's a ring. Show's it off in SF.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pedro » Tue May 04, 2004 10:44 pm

Yeah it's all well and good, but what are the Yankees going to give the Giants for Bonds? All they have worth anything is Dioner Navarro.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers