Need Hard, Tough, Analytical Criticism - GREAT SQUAD? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need Hard, Tough, Analytical Criticism - GREAT SQUAD?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Hard, Tough, Analytical Criticism - GREAT SQUAD?

Postby BIG W » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:17 am

as stated below, 5 x 5 roto

1b - mike sweeney
2b - luis castillo
ss - a-rod, jeter
3b - tony batista
c - kendall
of - ordonez, suzuki, g. anderson, c. floyd & l. gonzalez
bench - olerud,, matsui

starters - mulder, mussina, milwood, r. ortiz, moyer, clement
relievers - percival, izzy & dotel

Notes - had the #1 pick (A-Rod) and then picked up ordonez & jeter on the swing. i figured jeter would be excellent trade bait and also wonderful utility support if he stayed. also, not starting closers early as izzy is hurt.

WHERE DO I NEED HELP??? SHOULD I TRADE JETER NOW FOR POWER??? FOR PITCHING???
BIG W

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:52 am

I'm gonna guess this is about an eight-team league, no? You are pretty stacked everywhere. You have a bunch of very good starters, excellent OF depth and a couple nice players on the bench.

A couple things I would do right off the bat, is look to deal from your OF/SP depth and Jeter to get a better 3B and another solid closer. Right now, you have Percy and nothing else. Although I like Dotel a lot, and he does certainly help your team in other areas, you will not get more than a handful of saves out of him, unless Wags goes down for an extended period......Get Bautista outa there. With all the good players you have everywhere else on your roster, he kind of stands out as an eyesore. I would think that with your excellent depth, you should be able to trade for someone such as Rolen/Glaus/Chavez/Boone or even Pujols, depending on what you are willing to give up.

Quite frankly, I would have rather just picked up one of those 3B on the swingaround pick than another stud SS.....but that's just me.
I would look for more power, preferably in one of those 3B.....after A-Rod and Maggs, you really have a lot of speed guys and players with mid-range power. I like the fact that you got a lot of guys who hit for average.....or at least should!

So as it stands, try to address power, 3B and closer.....that should do it........

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team