Brett Myers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brett Myers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 04, 2004 9:56 pm

hybrid wrote:i don't see the point in posting that. i know what his stats are and it is very common for a young pitcher to struggle in the second half of their first full year. now he is battling his mechanics.

I'm not trying to jump on your case or something...but mechanics don't just work themselves out magically between start. Myers needs to go to the bullpen, or start in AAA for a while, then come back when he has figured himself out.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby willieroe » Tue May 04, 2004 9:57 pm

hybrid wrote:i don't see the point in posting that. i know what his stats are and it is very common for a young pitcher to struggle in the second half of their first full year. now he is battling his mechanics.

At this point, it would be better for Brett and the Phillies if he were to correct his mechanics in the minors. That's what the minors is for. I place plenty of blame on the Phillies, by the way, for Myers' struggles. I don't think that their pitching coach has a clue. :-t
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Tue May 04, 2004 10:01 pm

well finally we are starting to agree on something. i agree w/ you on most except he pitched better and didn't have an awful game, so i think he deserves one more start. that's just my opinion though, if he has another bad start send him down to get it corrected.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jonathan » Tue May 04, 2004 10:58 pm

I cut him for Madsen (Mr. Blond).
Jonathan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thaklanksta » Tue May 04, 2004 11:04 pm

I benched him for Madson last week, real close to dropping him now!

Someone other than those who have commmented on tonights performance please give yuor two cents.
thaklanksta
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Spokes » Tue May 04, 2004 11:30 pm

I am worried that Bowa is going to have a quick hook with Myers. I don't mind picking up Madsen, but I fear dropping Myers in my deep league and someone else picking him up, only for him to come back soon and tear it up
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Wed May 05, 2004 12:11 am

Hybrid, I don't know what games your looking at, but Myers has been terrible. 10 hits in 5 innings is very, very bad. ER's don't tell the whole story. And you can't just take out 2 innings from the game and say he was OK in the other 4. It doesn't work like that. All pitchers would be good if you didn't count their bad innings.

Madson has been so good in the bullpen, I'd at least give him a shot. He has given up less hits (9) in his 7 appearances than Myers gave up in 2 different games; Florida (11) and St. Louis (10). Before today, Madson had pitched more innings than Myers, and he gave up 0 ER's, while Myers gave up 12 ER's. Today's start didn't help him any. He's a much bigger prospect than Myers, who has been very bad in his 3 seasons in the majors. His WHIP has been over 1.40 all 3 seasons, his BAA has been over .272 all 3 seasons, and this season is by far his worst so far. Why keep this guy in the rotation with one of the top young arms in the majors mowing down batters from the bullpen? Are you Brett Myers? That's the only explanation I can see.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Wed May 05, 2004 12:13 am

Jonathan wrote:I cut him for Madsen (Mr. Blond).

Mr. Blonde was Michael Madson. Close, though. :-D

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Spokes » Wed May 05, 2004 12:14 am

Quote from Myers tonight:

"A loss is always tough, but I felt good tonight,'' Myers said. ``My command was the best it's been for some time.''

Now, is he telling the truth or do you think he is just saying that to give Bowa a false impression that he is turning it around?
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Wed May 05, 2004 2:02 pm

He can say what he wants, but if he's pitching that bad when he feels good and his, "command was the best it's been for some time" then I don't think I want him. I had big doubts about him before the season started, he hasn't helped his cause. He's not worth a roster spot in most any league - unless it's NL only or very deep.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers