Politics...for those who want - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Politics...for those who want

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Stand Pat » Mon May 03, 2004 8:21 pm

wrveres wrote:
Stand Pat wrote:if you post your political views in here, you only invite attack. this begs the question, why post political banners in your signatures? we're here to talk baseball.

so if I had picture of a hamburger as my signature, I am obvioussly opening up my self to attack from PETA?

again, you made the comment ...

I was talking about Alou pissing on his hands?

a hamburger is a pretty neutral image. if you put a picture of a veal calf confined all its life in a wood box, yeah, i'm sure you'd be opening yourself up to attack from PETA.

the point is that this is a BASEBALL forum. why post your political views? dubya's presidency is obviously a hot button issue. about 1/2 the country hates his guts and 1/2 think he's a saint. so chances are, you're gonna offend about 1/2 the people in here by putting up your political propaganda. so as i said before, you're only opening yourself up to attack, so why do it?
Last edited by Stand Pat on Mon May 03, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stand Pat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GucciBaseballs » Mon May 03, 2004 8:21 pm

At least Moises does it to himseld and doesn't go R. Kelly style on some 15 year old girl. LOL :-D
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KolbSaves » Mon May 03, 2004 8:22 pm

wrveres wrote:
Stand Pat wrote:if you post your political views in here, you only invite attack. this begs the question, why post political banners in your signatures? we're here to talk baseball.

so if I had picture of a hamburger as my signature, I am obvioussly opening up my self to attack from PETA?

again, you made the comment ...

I was talking about Alou pissing on his hands?

False analogy. Your Bush sig is making a clear political statement where a hamburger would not be. Attacks are not necessary(how much of an attack was it really?), but disagreements are to be expected...

blah blah blah you already know that you're a smart (sometimes coughjavylopezcough) guy ;-D
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Mon May 03, 2004 8:28 pm

Stand Pat wrote:
the point is that this is a BASEBALL forum. why post your political views? dubya's presidency is obviously a hot button issue. about 1/2 the country hates his guts and 1/2 of him think he's a saint. so chances are, you're gonna offend about 1/2 the people in here by putting up your political propaganda. so as i said before, you're only opening yourself up to attack, so why do it?

to educate the masses !!! :-]

and once again, I never "posted" my political views in this forum until questioned .....
I have a signature, thats it.....

and since you are now the "Righteous" police ... where is your outrage for the all Kerry signatures that are bieng put up around here? or all the ones bashing Bush ??
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby BostonBK7 » Mon May 03, 2004 8:34 pm

Just wondering...why are there so many Bush/Cheney sigs in here?
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jeffc_76 » Mon May 03, 2004 8:35 pm

wrveres wrote:oh wow jeff, I like that one better ..... where did you find that sig ...?

kind of pieced it together in paint shop pro from a couple different ones on the campaign homepage. Feel free to borrow if you like :-)
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Liberty30 » Mon May 03, 2004 8:38 pm

BostonBK7 wrote:Just wondering...why are there so many Bush/Cheney sigs in here?

There's no "What Baseball Player Would Kerry Be" thread for us to congregate on. :-)
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Stand Pat » Mon May 03, 2004 8:51 pm

"and once again, I never "posted" my political views in this forum until questioned .....
I have a signature, thats it....."

give me a break.

"and since you are now the "Righteous" police ... where is your outrage for the all Kerry signatures that are bieng put up around here? or all the ones bashing Bush ??"

you mean like this one?
Stand Pat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 03, 2004 8:53 pm

It's funny how John Kerry and the topic of urination end up in the same thread. 8-o
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Mon May 03, 2004 8:54 pm

Stand Pat wrote:"and once again, I never "posted" my political views in this forum until questioned .....
I have a signature, thats it....."

give me a break.

"and since you are now the "Righteous" police ... where is your outrage for the all Kerry signatures that are bieng put up around here? or all the ones bashing Bush ??"

you mean like this one?

exactly .... Just like that lie :-]
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk