You Know What PEDRO? Nobody Wants to Hear It so SHUT UP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You Know What PEDRO? Nobody Wants to Hear It so SHUT UP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JRM4833 » Tue May 04, 2004 6:25 pm

KULCAT wrote:Im so sure if any of you were in the major leaguers you would refuse to be paid 17.5 millions cause is just too much money

It's not about refusing $17.5 million. He is not getting that much next year, especially if he keeps getting rocked every couple starts. It's about shutting up and playing baseball, which is what he gets the $17.5 for.
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vtbos » Tue May 04, 2004 8:39 pm

what really ticks me off is that pedro gets mad that people questioned his arm in the beg of the season cuz he sucked!!!s
vtbos Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KULCAT » Wed May 05, 2004 5:12 pm

JRM4833 wrote:
KULCAT wrote:Im so sure if any of you were in the major leaguers you would refuse to be paid 17.5 millions cause is just too much money

It's not about refusing $17.5 million. He is not getting that much next year, especially if he keeps getting rocked every couple starts. It's about shutting up and playing baseball, which is what he gets the $17.5 for.

Yeah cause the red sox never bring up negotiations(Nomar´s rejecting a deal) and as far as i know he is playing baseball and has for many years in a kick ass kinda way. So what if gets hit early? He´s done it in the past and come out ahead EVERY time. Whatever man, when people speak about millions of dollars in salary theyre talking about things they dont know about
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby JRM4833 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:05 pm

KULCAT wrote: Yeah cause the red sox never bring up negotiations(Nomar´s rejecting a deal) and as far as i know he is playing baseball and has for many years in a kick ass kinda way. So what if gets hit early? He´s done it in the past and come out ahead EVERY time. Whatever man, when people speak about millions of dollars in salary theyre talking about things they dont know about

I understand that Pedro is a great pitcher. But the Sox have always shutup and given him what he wants (highest paid pitcher in baseball, picked up his extension after he demanded it). There comes a time when he should shutup and do his job. His agent is paid to do the talking for Pedro. I am all for keeping Pedro for the rest of his career and hope the Sox give him the money, but dont bring it into the clubhouse by talking about other players' contract issues, pointing out that you might not be on the team next year and saying that he is sorry for Redsox fans because we might not get to see him pitch next year. I mean, Manny is even offering to defer some of his contract to help the Sox keep him. Itd be nice for him to at least tell us what numbers the Sox have offerred that insulted him so much.
Once he stops having to pitch in colder weather, he will definitely show signs of being the best pitcher in baseball again. I just dont understand why has to complain so much.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers