You Know What PEDRO? Nobody Wants to Hear It so SHUT UP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You Know What PEDRO? Nobody Wants to Hear It so SHUT UP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 03, 2004 11:35 pm

I agree with V. I also agree with the Sox. Who can blame them for not wanting to just extend Pedro's contract when he is a 32 year old pitcher who has had trouble staying healthy over the years?? Even if Pedro doesn't agree with what they're doing, just shut up about it. We don't need to hear that Pedro is done negotiating with the Sox and wants to wait until the season is over. Good for you. Just do it. He's just trying to cover his a** like he did in the Game 7 ALCS aftermath. He took the heat like a big boy and then, once Grady was run out of town, he blamed it on him. :-t

I have really had enough of that prima donna. And, by the way, would someone please cut Pedro and Manny's hair?? 8-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EK711 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:51 pm

Lofunzo wrote:And, by the way, would someone please cut Pedro and Manny's hair?? 8-o

Someone pin them down and I'll get the clippers! :-D

Personally I think Pedro is doing a good job of causing more hype/talk about himself to further increases how much money he can get. It causes fans to get riled up about it one way or the other, and the more people talk about him the better he'll be sitting later on. The louder he cries about stuff now the more he can use that as leverage to his advantage. I don't think this is why Pedro is talking like he is, just saying it probably will help him.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby afromangettindrunk » Tue May 04, 2004 1:50 am

even with all this baggage i still love the guy. hes great. always making things interesting somehow.
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ficerarmer » Tue May 04, 2004 2:01 am

jayman wrote:Think about - Pedro will probably never work again. How much do you think Yogi Berra's salary is worth today? I hope he invested well. The owners of the Red Sox are making many tens of times more than Pedro..... he deserves his share! So, pay him! You didn't want to pay Babe - and look what happened.
The Red Sox owner sold Babe to the Yankees to raise money for his theatre productions or whatever, not because he didn't want to pay him.
Ficerarmer Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thetruth » Tue May 04, 2004 10:38 am

BXBombers wrote:
afromangettindrunk wrote:lol

i love the dro (and pedro too) but i wish he would just pitch. hes an amazing entertainer, hes just not thinking right now.

I wonder if Pedro smokes the 'dro. He strikes me as one who might. I mean, the type of shit he says sometimes sounds like he's high, lol.

I've got a name for you, Pedro-- Javier!
That's what I'm talkin about.

pedro and manny light up the dro in between innings along with david ortiz and pokey. unfortuantely some of their founding members carlos baerga, tony clark, and damian jackson aren't around any more.
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Screw Pedro

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 04, 2004 10:45 am

You don't pay Pedro that much money for his ailing arm..He's injured and his shoulder will get worse until he needs surgery and then the sox will eat his contract...don't pay the whining baby...let him go somewhere else..He'll be lucky to get 12 wins this year.

LETS GO YANKEES
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby frog99 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:48 am

Pedro is widely hailed as the greatest pitcher in the Majors, and has been for some time. So he think he should be paid more than than other pitcher, (kevin Brown Money). Of corse the Red Sox don't want to pay, a 32 pitcher, with injury problems huge sums of money (how did that Kevin Brown contract work for LA anyway? not well) so there is going to be arguements and these things tend to find there way into the colum's of beat writers, looking for a scoop.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby pappymojo » Tue May 04, 2004 10:48 am

pedro and manny light up the dro in between innings along with david ortiz and pokey. unfortuantely some of their founding members carlos baerga, tony clark, and damian jackson aren't around any more.

So, what you are saying is that anyone with dark skin does drugs? Whatever, man.

I'm a sox fan. Pedro is a ********, but in many ways it's his attitude that he is the best that makes him great. Manny is an airhead, but in many ways it's his attitude that nothing bothers him that makes him great. I love Manny, but I don't love Pedro.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Tue May 04, 2004 11:22 am

Lofunzo wrote:And, by the way, would someone please cut Pedro and Manny's hair?? 8-o

Add Damon to that list. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby frog99 » Tue May 04, 2004 11:25 am

Madison wrote:

Add Damon to that list. :-/

at least Manny shaved his head with his teammates in th playoffs, damon didn't, and look what happpend to him.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers