Postby Green Monstah » Mon May 03, 2004 9:13 pm

quick, trade him to the M's before they find out ;-D
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EK711 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:13 pm

Any more details??? Anyone watching this game?
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BostonBK7 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:15 pm

This is what the game notes say:

CINCINNATI'S KEN GRIFFEY JR. LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE THIRD INNING DUE TO STIFFNESS IN HIS RIGHT HAMSTRING.

Doesn't sound too serious, just stiffness.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Liberty30 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:16 pm

oh my. :,-(

As a Reds fan i'm shocked...

:~( Now the Yankees won't want him :~(
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KPucks » Mon May 03, 2004 9:16 pm

BostonBK7 wrote:This is what the game notes say:

CINCINNATI'S KEN GRIFFEY JR. LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE THIRD INNING DUE TO STIFFNESS IN HIS RIGHT HAMSTRING.

Doesn't sound too serious, just stiffness.

It never sounds too serious w/ Griffey, then he's out for months. This sucks for him and for fantasy owners.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ekposse » Mon May 03, 2004 9:23 pm

What a disappointment Griffey has turned out to be the last 4 years. A waste of good talent. Over the hill because he can't stay in shape. Maybe if he put in one once of work in the offseason he could avoid injury.
ekposse
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby L0rdB23 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:34 pm

ekposse wrote:What a disappointment Griffey has turned out to be the last 4 years. A waste of good talent. Over the hill because he can't stay in shape. Maybe if he put in one once of work in the offseason he could avoid injury.

u clearly know nothin about griffey or have u watched baseball the last 3 years.. griffey has been in the best shape of his life.. if u look at the injuries hes had it clearly has nothin to do with being in shape.. he tripped roundin the bases and tore his hamstring a few years back.. last year he dove and dislocated his shoulder once again nothing to do with being in shape.. this guys works his ass off every year to get in the best shape possible and he has just been hit with bad luck.. im sure this injury isnt serious.. it was a tightened hammy.. knowin what hes been thru they pulled him from the game as soon as they thought it looked like something was wrong with him to be safe
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Mon May 03, 2004 9:35 pm

he's just day to day. i don't see how you can say "it never sounds to serious w/ griffey, then he's out for months". i mean all his injuries have been serious otherwise he wouldn't of missed most of the season and needed to have surgery.

also ekposse, i didn't know the 2004 season ended already, which you seem to indicate it by saying 4 years. not to mention where have you ever heard griffey was out of shape? he has reported to be in great shape the last few years and injuries though have slowed him down obviously.

now i don't think griffey is going to have a great year, but he should have a good one "if" he plays. but you should at least get your info right when you knocking him down.

edited to say: i was watching the game and didn't even know he was coming out till they said it. there was no real play that i saw where he pulled up or grabbed anything. so nothing like chipper or floyd.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon May 03, 2004 9:59 pm

L0rdB23 wrote: if u look at the injuries hes had it clearly has nothin to do with being in shape.. he tripped roundin the bases and tore his hamstring a few years back.. last year he dove and dislocated his shoulder once again nothing to do with being in shape.. this guys works his ass off every year to get in the best shape possible and he has just been hit with bad luck..

I am not a big fan of Griffey....but I agree with this....His injuries have been legitimate playing injuries...not like some other players who have bed wett....erm, other "injuries"... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers