My team in a 14 team league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My team in a 14 team league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team in a 14 team league...

Postby Barron03 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:52 pm

I am in a 14 team head to head league with Runs, hits, singles, doubles, triples, HRs, RBI, SB, AVG, and OBP for hitters and IP, Wins, CG, SHO, SV, BB, Ks, Holds, ERA, and WHIP.

How does my team look,

C - Lieberthal
1B - Olerud
2B - Kennedy
3B - Beltre
SS - Aaron Boone
OF - Sosa
OF - Beltre
OF - Kearns
Util - Phelps
Bench - Edgar Martinez

SP - Wade Miller, Matt Morris, Greg Maddux, Damian Moss, Jason Jennings, Ted Lilly

RP - Wagner, Smoltz, Paul Quantrill, Johan Santana

Hopefully Santana will break into the rotation...

I appreciate any feedback.
Barron03
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Barron03 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:59 pm

since this is falling low and I would like some feedback, Bump...
Barron03
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby whoson1st0 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:35 pm

I'll try my hand at this, although I've never competed in a 14 team league and that 10x10 format is also new to me...You also didn't mention how many of these guys you have to start each week (specifically pitching) so I'll assume it's all of 'em for now...

I like your pitching, but it has some problems...Miller/Morris/Maddux are a great top 3 guys for your staff, but your bottom 3 - moss/jennings/lilly - could hurt you. Moss's ERA and WHIP WILL go up this year, and lilly has not proven he can repeat last year's numbers. Jennings is great on the road but horrible at home. These guys could ruin your ERA and WHIP. None of your pitchers are strikeout pitchers, with miller being your best bet there. But again with 10 categories to look, you may be ok.

As for your relievers, I love wagner, smoltz and santana. I don't like quantrill at all and would consider picking up a solid middle relief/setup guy that will get you better era, whip, and holds. I don't know who's available to you, maybe a guy like Latroy hawkins or damaso marte.

On to offense...
I don't know off the top of my head single/double/triple numbres for these guys, but only sosa guarantees you 30 (or in his case, 45) HRs and over 100 RBI, though probly 1 or 2 other guys should reach that number as well. You also list Beltre in the outfield, i'm not sure who you actually meant. Guys like Olerud, Martinez and Sosa should help keep your average up. Young guys like Phelps and Kearns could go either way this year, and Beltre is still waiting to break out, so add him to that "either way" list.
Like you, I have Boone and am hoping he will repeat his performance, especially in the SB category, no one else except kennedy can be depended on for more than 10 steals.

In conclusion, your pitching is strong, your offense not so much...see how things shake out (again I am not used to a 10x10 league) and trade a pitcher for offense if necessary. There are a lot of very solid relievers out there to help if necessary.
whoson1st0

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Barron03 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:20 pm

I meant Beltran, my bad. Similar names.
Barron03
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team