How's this team? 12 team 5x5 roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How's this team? 12 team 5x5 roto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's this team? 12 team 5x5 roto

Postby gottabelieve » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:16 pm

12 team 5x5 roto. took pujols and piazza with my first two picks. top four starters are solid, but is my offense good enough? considering trading a starter for an outfielder.

C Piazza
1B Mike Sweeney
2B Vidro
3B Pujols
SS Cabrera
OF Juan Gonzalez
OF Vernon Wells
OF Reggie Sanders
DH Ray Durham
B Joe Crede
B Jose Valentin
B Jose Hernandez

Mulder
Millwood
Colon
Prior
Rodrigo Lopez
Jason Jennings
Foulke
Escobar
Looper
Steve Kline
gottabelieve
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:46 am

This is a nice team. You should probably look seriously at dealing SP for OF depth; if Juan Gone goes down for an extended period (not at all far-fetched) then you are left with Wells, Sanders and whoever is on the wire. Shaky! I do think there is a good chance that Wells could have a breakout year, as I feel strongly that he is a 5-cat stud in the making, but I'm not sure I would pin my hopes on it. In my league I drafted him as my third OF after Vlad and Chipper and also grabbed Erstad to back-up. You are NOT in that situation. I really like your infield/DH, your bench depth and I think you have decent closers; they wil make sure you compete in saves. But something has to be done about that OF depth, which is nil. Very nice rotation! Your depth in starting pitchers and bench batters should allow you to make a good deal for an impact OF ala Beltran/Anderson/Hunter/Sheffield maybe even Berkman/Ordonez or Sosa, depending on the package you were offering.

Hope I have been some help.....
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team