Mr Chris Carpenter! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mr Chris Carpenter!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mr Chris Carpenter!

Postby RynMan » Mon May 03, 2004 4:19 am

I have never seen this guy pitch, but have heard alot of rave about his stuff. They say it is great, and the guy seems to be alright thus far. Im picking him up to go for the Cards tommorow, but has any1 else heard or even better - SEEN this guy throw? any1?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:27 am

Yeah, he really does have dominating stuff, he keeps batters off balance, changes speeds, and arm angles nicely. I saw him pitch against Philly. He had a no-hitter through 5 or 6 innings and the only mistake pitch he thew the entire game(!!!!) was a 2 run jack to Thome. He;s had 2 really nice outings in a row and he's only 28 (I think) and is backed by a great offensive team. But he still is coming off a major injury, so you may take your lumps. I recently picked him up in a Keeper league and feel conident about him.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 03, 2004 6:22 am

Thought about grabbing him too, but glancing at the schedule noticed that the Cards are playing a lot of heavy hitters this month on the days he is slated to pitch. Wish I had the space to spare.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Shermars » Mon May 03, 2004 8:11 am

I remember him from a couple of years ago. He was the talk of Toronto and had the "BIG UP SIDE" tag on him. He has nice stuff, but can get under your skin because he is very up and down. He had some arm problems in '02 and '03 that may have caused him to be on one day and off another. When he was with Toronto, he and Halladay were to be a great 1 - 2 punch, but you now see how that turned out.

That being said, he should get some decent run support with Stl. and get you some W's. I believe that he will end up with an era around 4.00 - 4.30 range with an average WHIP.
I will not rest until I have you holding a coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during a super bowl game you are winning. Show me the $$$!!!
Shermars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RedsRebirth » Mon May 03, 2004 10:07 am

Im not very impressed with what ive seen of Carpenter, to me his injury issues have ruined things for him. And despite his last start hes had a rough start. I look for him to be average at best.
RedsRebirth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers