best SP millwood or garcia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

best SP millwood or garcia

Postby helenstein » Mon May 03, 2004 1:01 am

categories: ip, w, l, cg, sho, sv, h, r, bb, hbp, k, era, whip, k/bb
who is the best for me?
millwood
garcia

i like garcia but dont know if he'll pitch well or not all season. answer this and i'll answer one for you.
helenstein
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon May 03, 2004 1:06 am

I would go with Millwood just because of the CG and SHO cats. He pitches late into games, so he should get a few of those and also help you in the innings pitched cat.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon May 03, 2004 1:13 am

You dont have to answer one for me in return. Just help someone else with no replies instead :-D .

I'd take Millwood. Better offense backing him. Has his stretches where he can absolutely dominate. I'm not 100% and not going to crunch the numbers just for this thread but I think he has a better K/INN rate as well.

Most of all I like his composure. Garcia seems to let streaks and bad outings get to him too much. Millwood can get hit hard and come back the next to outing to go lights out. As oppossed to Garcia when he is on he is a fine starter, but when he is getting hit it seems to take him for ever to get his confidence back and start pitching with confidence.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 03, 2004 1:14 am

Apparently there are a lot of people here at the cafe that don't have much respect for Millwood. I've a few posts lately comparing him to worse pitchers. I like Millwood, and think he'll be a very good second starter all year.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby mtarail » Mon May 03, 2004 1:25 am

slomo007 wrote:Apparently there are a lot of people here at the cafe that don't have much respect for Millwood. I've a few posts lately comparing him to worse pitchers. I like Millwood, and think he'll be a very good second starter all year.

I agree and I'll even go a step further to say that Millwood could have a great year. Garcia has pitched great so far, but I'm still concerned that he won't be able to keep it up.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hooligan1 » Mon May 03, 2004 1:46 am

slomo007 wrote:Apparently there are a lot of people here at the cafe that don't have much respect for Millwood. I've a few posts lately comparing him to worse pitchers. I like Millwood, and think he'll be a very good second starter all year.

I'm just the opposite; I have little to no respect for Garcia. I don't trust him for a second. Millwood on the other hand, I really like. Bukoski77 is right on. He does have streches where he absolutley dominates and the rest of the time he's merely very good. I feel he's a top-15 starter....
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby EK711 » Mon May 03, 2004 1:57 am

I smell what Garcia is cookin. He's faced some good offenses this year and for the most part kept them in check. Texas twice, Anaheim twice, and one game against Detroit. He was huge in 2001, but his dropoff the last two years left people with bitter tastes in their mouths. If he could actually get some friggin run support he'd be waaaay up at the top of the league as far as starters and their contributions to a fantasy team.

Millwood is definately someone that you can rely on though. I'm not one of the cafe people that would EVER hate on Millwood. He's got the Expos and Mets to beat up on ;-D . That said I wouldn't want to be without either if I already had them.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby matrick » Mon May 03, 2004 2:03 am

Freddy is a totally different pitcher this year. He has confidence in all his pitches and when things get hairy, he is calm and cool instead of a headcase. I would take Freddy over Millwood right now without hesitation if their offenses were comparable. But Seattle is so bad right now Freddy would be lucky to win 12 games.
matrick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers