Thread to glorify players that won H2H matchups 4 you today - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thread to glorify players that won H2H matchups 4 you today

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thread to glorify players that won H2H matchups 4 you today

Postby warrick95 » Sun May 02, 2004 11:45 pm

Note: I used the "4" because for would make the thread name too long.

Anyway, I was up 6-4 going into today.

Kent HR
Soriano HR

I was down 9-8 in HR...that gives me the cake 10-9! That Soriano HR was great, too, because I was settled on getting a tie in HRs...and bam!

Ks...I was up 62-51 and decided to just go with closers today. Then...Zambrano K's 12 for the other guy. Shit. He's up 63-62...I'm praying for one of my six closers to make an entry. Borowski...no...Dusty refuses. Graves...crap...no dice. Baez...pitches an inning...no K! But who comes through for me but AR-MAN-DO, who's been the man all year! 2 K's puts me up 64-63! I pray for the Sox game to be a blowout or a Sox win, because he still has Cordero. Dickey gets soooo close to a CG, but no. I thought Showalter wasn't going to pitch Cordero after two appearances yesterday, but he's in there! Michael Young foul ball...he almost got it...CRAP! NO! Dropped it! Cordero nearly Ks the next batter...puts two on...and then thank God...Crespo flies out to end it.

Now, I thought Manny got an SB to tie SBs up for me...but apparently he wasn't credited for it. :-t Oh well...still an 8-1 victory for me!
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KolbSaves » Sun May 02, 2004 11:47 pm

that soriano hr took away a tie for me in rbi that tex had worked so hard to get
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbones733 » Sun May 02, 2004 11:49 pm

Basically in fantasy leagues all the stars get divvied up evenly, for the most part. & role players win you weeks. Thats what it was all about for me.

Well i was winning any way but I put a hurting on my competition :

Cliff Polite/J Valverde - Politt got me a hold & both lowered my era

Zambrano - 12 K's won me era

M Batista - got me a CG even in a loss , extra w for me

Chone Figgins 3 hits, & a SB won me average & well SB's
;-D
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:21 am

jbones733 wrote:Basically in fantasy leagues all the stars get divvied up evenly, for the most part. & role players win you weeks. Thats what it was all about for me.

So true, so true. Unless someones top draft picks bust, competetive leagues are all about knowing when to start and bench the Steve Finley's of the league. Everyone knows you never bench your top draft picks. Good Call! ;-D ;-D
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mtarail » Mon May 03, 2004 12:21 am

I'd like to give some props to Scott Podsednik, who singlehandedly won the stolen base category for me today. ;-D
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Down 40 going into today, win by 80 --

Postby agchris02 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:35 am

WHOOP - down by 40 going into sunday, won by 80, biggest turn around for me in a loooong time:

Brett Boone: 2-3, 3R, HR, 2B, 3RBI, 2BB (14pts)
I Suzuki: (about time): RBI, BB, 3B, SB (10 pts)
B Webb: 2ER, 7.0 in, 4K (12.83 pts)
J Garland: 2ER, 7.0in,5K,W (21.5 pts)
M Morris: 9.0I, 4K (20 pts)
J Sanatana: ER, 7.0 in, 6K (16pts)

That being said, having 5 pitchers go on sunday helps as well

His players which I also owe thanks to:
J Edmonds: 0-3, 3KO, 2BB (-2 pts)
A Rodriguez: 0-3 2KO, BB (-1 pts)
I Valdez: 5ER, 5.0in, L (-3.5 pts)
H Nomo: 3ER, 5.0in, L (-1 pts)

The jackalopes continue to set league records on their way to another league title whoop
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby colt4523 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 am

Cordero's cheap save tonight cost me a win in my head to head league. I thought there was no way he would pitch tonight after getting 2 saves yesterday. Then when the score was 4 to 0 in the 9th, I thought I have this game in the bag :-t . I figure the fantasy gods owe me one after today. Of course my team and his team were the highest scoring teams this week too.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 81)

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon May 03, 2004 1:00 am

mtarail wrote:I'd like to give some props to Scott Podsednik, who singlehandedly won the stolen base category for me today. ;-D

I play in H-H sportsline keeper leagues. We have an advanced custom scoreing system in one league. If you remember the sportsline mixed league "experts" draft that was viewable live online, I ripped Scott Engal for takeing Pods in the 8th round, on a cafe thread where a bunch of us cafe forum members commented on and critiqued them while they were drafting, http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... sc&start=0 . Pods was something like the mid 90's overall player taken in the 8th round of their draft bye Scott Engal. I think my quote on that thread was
Bukoski77 wrote: Lol, Engal and Cockroft are the guys I'm watching as I like reading their columns. Engal, you broke my heart with Podsednik in the 8th, I really thought better of you.

Well before before the draft in my H-H sporstline keeper league I ranted on the league message boards and posted the same critique I just quoted myself on. During our draft, in which that league we keep 8 keepers per team, Pods fell to the 11th round, or 19th rounder after all keepers of an 8 keeper league. Pods was still out there in that round and although I thought he would be a bust, I went against instinct and took him anyway. No pun intended but STEAL!!!!!!

A few other owners of which I'm on good terms with in that league, in that we swap general baseball talk messages with, make fair trade proposals with each other, and ask for outside opinion on trade offers from other teams, have since been ribbing me and accuseing me of trying to sandbox the league.

Sorry to hijack a thread but I had to get my Podsednik story out there.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers