DeJean
Escobar
Stewart, Scott E.
Paul Shuey
Curtis Leskanic

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:34 am

Tough call. Irabu is tanking and Zimmerman will be back soon, and Wickman's arm is cause for concern. Stewart may or may not be Montreal's primary closer, and the situation in Milwaukee depends on how Leskanic looks when he returns.

Stick with Julio, keep Wickman for now, but keep an eye on his arm, and drop Irabu for Escobar. If you have a disabled list, grab Leskanic before Escobar and park him on your DL for the time being.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zpalm » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:29 pm

I agree with Arlo. I'd drop Irabu and pick up escobar. Irabu has been terrible of late and Zimmerman is looking to come back sometime this month while Escobar will be the closer all year long.

I also agree with Arlo about the Milwaukee situation. Leskanic should be the man if he gets healthy and stays healthy.

If i were you i'd try to shop Wickman & Irabu for a top notch closer. This way you get a free waiver pick up and you can Add Escobar and you are improving your Closer situtation by gettin someone more consistant than the shakey Wickman (is he hurt?) and possibly losing his job Irabu.

If you decide to keep Irabu i'd at least try and get Zimmerman too this way you secure Texas's closer spot.
zpalm
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers