time to get Zito ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

time to get Zito ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bost0n » Sun May 02, 2004 11:10 pm

Some people would be thrown off by Zito's crappy start and Glavine's/Garcia's above-averageones. I doubt a good player would do the trade though.
cross your fingers for missouri
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fantasyballer » Sun May 02, 2004 11:17 pm

im gonna go against everyone on here. i think that there is something seriously wrong with zito. he is being hit up time and time again. he is no longer a superstar. expect a 4.35 era and 1.35 whip from him with about 13-14 wins. 190 IP 95 K's.

average at best. he is currently living on reputation alone. his decline is going to continue. mulder and hudson are far better pitchers.

I WOULD NOT TRADE FOR HIM!

of course, if you are giving up the crap that some of you on here suggest to offer up, you might as well take the chance and just dump him later on if he doesnt improve.
Fantasyballer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedro » Sun May 02, 2004 11:25 pm

Fantasyballer wrote:im gonna go against everyone on here. i think that there is something seriously wrong with zito. he is being hit up time and time again. he is no longer a superstar. expect a 4.35 era and 1.35 whip from him with about 13-14 wins. 190 IP 95 K's.

average at best. he is currently living on reputation alone. his decline is going to continue. mulder and hudson are far better pitchers.

of course, if you are giving up the crap that some of you on here suggest to offer up, you might as well take the chance and just dump him later on if he doesnt improve.

So what exactly is wrong with him?

He still has his velocity and his curveball is as nasty as ever.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jpbusta » Sun May 02, 2004 11:30 pm

Pedro wrote:
Fantasyballer wrote:im gonna go against everyone on here. i think that there is something seriously wrong with zito. he is being hit up time and time again. he is no longer a superstar. expect a 4.35 era and 1.35 whip from him with about 13-14 wins. 190 IP 95 K's.

So what exactly is wrong with him?

He still has his velocity and his curveball is as nasty as ever.

Damn right he does. The Curv*A*Licious Zito. :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GSes » Sun May 02, 2004 11:46 pm

I just traded Wade Miller & Cordero for Zito about a week ago, before his 2 bad starts.

Im thinking if I had waited a week I prob could have got Miller straight up. Then again, my league is smart and will use my Zito biastism* (wveres can check that or someone lol, prefibly not EFTDA)

IMO I got a good deal for Zito, b/c I had more then enough closers.

Wrong w/ Zito? Well he has had

2 starts vs Angels
1 start vs Yankees
2 starts vs Texas

Both Texas & Anaheim have been killing pitchersleft and right while he caught the yankees at the beggining of their break out

THE GOOD NEWS

Zito at the end of April is getting over 7 K's per 9 innings.

Eat that LBJACKAL!

go get zito now.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtarail » Mon May 03, 2004 12:38 am

I don't think Garcia or Glavine for Zito is even in the ballpark.

I might offer Zambrano. As hot as he is Zito should post better #'s by the end of the year. Reyes is another possiblility although I don't imagine he wants to get a guy on the DL.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers