Jerome Williams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jerome Williams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jerome Williams

Postby hawgvike » Sun May 02, 2004 7:11 pm

I'm thinking of trading for this guy, im in a keeper points league and i like his potential and the fact that he's only 22. anyone have any thoughts/concerns on him?
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr. Smithers » Sun May 02, 2004 7:30 pm

Since he has been a starter going back to last year his overall numbers are pretty good for lack of experience. I would give him until the allstarbreak.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hawgvike » Sun May 02, 2004 7:42 pm

yeah i just want to trade for him now b/c of his low value at this moment.
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mr. Smithers » Sun May 02, 2004 7:45 pm

Sorry I thought you ment you wanted to trade him not trade for him. Yeah I would go get him while his price is still low. And like I said give him till around the allstarbreak.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby trac02 » Sun May 02, 2004 7:58 pm

There are very few things not to like about Williams in a keeper league, and lots to like. That said, a few things to keep in mind: plays on a sub-par offensive team which may reduce wins in the long run and is not a strikeout per inning guy. I've got him on my keeper team and I'm pleased as punch. He is one of the rare A1 pitching prospects to find success at the major league level right off the bat.
trac02
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MikeeDee » Sun May 02, 2004 10:24 pm

trac02 wrote:There are very few things not to like about Williams in a keeper league, and lots to like. That said, a few things to keep in mind: plays on a sub-par offensive team which may reduce wins in the long run and is not a strikeout per inning guy. I've got him on my keeper team and I'm pleased as punch. He is one of the rare A1 pitching prospects to find success at the major league level right off the bat.

Good analysis.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtarail » Mon May 03, 2004 2:15 am

trac02 wrote:There are very few things not to like about Williams in a keeper league, and lots to like. That said, a few things to keep in mind: plays on a sub-par offensive team which may reduce wins in the long run and is not a strikeout per inning guy. I've got him on my keeper team and I'm pleased as punch. He is one of the rare A1 pitching prospects to find success at the major league level right off the bat.

Agreed. I think you know pretty much what you're gonna get with Williams. If anything I think his value could go down, since he's bound to get roughed up in one of these starts. I like him, but I wouldn't be in a huge rush to get him--at least not to the point where you give up anything too valuable.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers