SP - AJ Burnett
RP - Kelvim Escobar
RP - Antonio Alfonseca
P - Randy Wolf
P - Josh Beckett
P - Matt Clement
Bench - Brian Lawrence
Bench - Arthur Rhodes

How do you think I will do in a 12-Team league? Where do you think my biggest weakness on this team is?
Andy1234

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby redsoxrox » Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:32 pm

well i think Lieberthal has been somewhat hurt but if I'm wrong he should do you well. you might be able to get some good waivers and loose mo vaughn and toby hall. I'd try to get big hitter in the OF if I were you. I do like your pitching staff though. Overall I'd say shore up your OF and you'll do just fine.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
redsoxrox
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:39 pm

Why would you lose Hall? I think he could breakout this year, plus he is insurance if Lieberthal gets hurt, because he does have a history.

Since it is a 12-team league there is not much on waivers. You say I should add an OF, and I agree. But what do you think I should give up in order to get one. But I was thinking of an OF with some speed because I don't have much for SB on my team, only Durham and Renteria.
Andy1234

Postby hooligan1 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:41 pm

You have a nice collection of mashers. You should do fine in HR/RBI. However, those guys are not all locks to hit for a great average......Could use a little more speed, although you have a couple nice power/speed combo guys in Renteria and Durham. Lieberthal, I feel, is a pretty big question mark. Alou, is done I think. Lee, Vaughn, Garcia: all dropable, dependant on what else is available. Is Aubrey Huff available? If he is, snap him up before someone else does.

Your rotation is fairly strong. Obviously, Curt is awesome. Burnett is an injury waiting to happen. Clement, I like a lot. Beckett is a pretty good risk pick, as long as you did not get him too high. Wolf has the potential to be great; I'm just not sure if it's this year or next. Lauwrence is very good, but on a bad team. Should post sub-500 record with otherwise, good numbers. Your relief is sketchy at best. Escobar is decent, but not great. Alfonseca, I honestly don't know why this guy is still the closer. Not good! Rhodes is a guy who will help your team ERA/WHIP/K's some, but not much else, unless your league counts holds......

Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Andy1234 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:14 pm

Huff is not available, I wanted to draft him but waited 1 round too long on him. I drafted Vaugn in the Low rounds just to see if he puts put some decent numbers, If he does well at the begining I think I could trade him and get someone decent in return, If not I probably am going to drop him. Garcia put up great second half numbers last year, and he's batting cleanup in Clev, so I think he could put up some good numbers again. As For Lee and Alou, they had bad years, but I think they might be able to help me out a little. I am still trying to get a better 3rd OF, but as for right now Lee and Alou are the best available. Maybe I'm impartail being a Cub fan but I think Alou will rebound this year. And Lee also improved in the second half, so hopefully he can do something as well. I lost a little depth at OF when I traded away Jose Cruz, but I got Clement for him straight up so it was worth it.
Andy1234

Postby Djones » Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:34 pm

Don't drop mo vaughn, he dropped 20 lbs in the off season an he's on a mission to prove that he can still do it.... he got off to a very slow start last year, which was to be expected after missing a year and changing leagues, second half he put up some very solid numbers hitting 16 homers in 66 games after the break, translates to 39 in a full season

Djones
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Andy1234 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:23 am

In a 5 X 5 Roto scoring--12 team league--What Place do you think I will Finish at the end of the season?
Andy1234

Postby AtP » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:51 am

I would say upper half. Maybe 3rd. You have a solid squad.

AtP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team