Rodrigo Lopez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rodrigo Lopez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rodrigo Lopez

Postby PresHabib » Sun May 02, 2004 4:41 pm

He's got skills...great numbers so far...but hes in the bullpen...useless...is he expected to get a shot at starting any time soon?
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr. Smithers » Sun May 02, 2004 4:46 pm

Not all middle relivers are usless. If you go out and get three or four of the best MR and play them all times. There numbers combined is like 1 or 2 quility starts a week. I have Lopez, K Rod, Lidge, and Hawkins. I did this because my staring pitching is very week. By the end of the week these guys really help my ERA my WHIP, My ks, K/BB. Is there any one out there that does this it works for me. Every body laughed at my team last year when I did this and I ended up in second. I am doing it again this year and so far so good.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yuds » Sun May 02, 2004 4:47 pm

Not for a while yet.

The Orioles are using this season to evaluate what they have already. They need to give the young pitchers a shot to prove what they can do, and they have said that they are committed to them for the time being. Basically, they are going to live and die by the young guys for now.

There's a pretty good chance he'll find his way into the rotation later in the year when the young guys have logged some innings and start getting tired, but I would think that he's still in the bullpen for at least the next month or two.
Yuds Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby G-Man » Sun May 02, 2004 8:02 pm

hey Pres, i remember you from last season (you gave me alot of help with a trade).

Anyways the word here is that mazzilli may be backing off a bit from his earlier comments about lopez "being a perfect fit for a long-reliever" and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him find his way into the rotation and STAY there if dubose/riley etc miss a couple of starts (injury, etc).

For the time being, depending on the depth of your league he is probably an OK guy to round out a fantasy bullpen with but in my 12-team league he is still a FA so it is probably safe to drop him if you really need the roster spot, but he is producing for his owners and seems ready to dust off that horrible season last year. good luck ;-D
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zEli173 » Sun May 02, 2004 11:57 pm

zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers