You're addicted to FBB when... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You're addicted to FBB when...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BostonBK7 » Sun May 02, 2004 5:18 pm

Spokes wrote:
Spartans Rule wrote:You root against your hometown team extending their lead past 3 runs because you own their closer.

Same here and it pains me to root against my Yankees, but there are some sacrifices you gotta make for your fantasy team.
I know I am addicted to fantasy baseball when I lay awake at night and think about trades...and it is only the first week of April.
I am very superstitious too. I don't like to watch my players on TV, I don't want anyone to tell me what my players did. I only like to find out by myself when I log on to the Stattracker every night.
When I look at the Stattracker, I always reveal the stats to myself one category at a time by covering up the screen and slowly pulling my hand back. All superstition. I stay up late at night talking about guys like Vogelsong and Affeldt. And, it is even worse for football. I only play baseball and football fantasy, but I am flat-out addicted.

Haha, exactly. I never check Stattracker right away for the stats; ruins the fun and I'm very superstitious about it as well. I always go to the box score first and check...its exciting seeing that a team with your person on it scored a lot of runs and you can check if your person had anything to do with it.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spokes » Sun May 02, 2004 5:46 pm

Like, I have Charles Johnson in my lineup today. I see Colorado has 12 runs, so my imagination is running wild with what he might have to do with those runs. But, I won't check until it's over. And please, don't tell me.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pibb55 » Sun May 02, 2004 5:53 pm

Like, I have Charles Johnson in my lineup today. I see Colorado has 12 runs, so my imagination is running wild with what he might have to do with those runs. But, I won't check until it's over. And please, don't tell me.

I think you'll like what he did
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby proncis » Sun May 02, 2004 5:54 pm

...when you tell your girlfriend that you won't play fantasy baseball this season, because you already spent a lot of time on fantasy football and basketball, and you want to spend time with her this summer.

But that theory is quickly thrown out the window when the season starts and you play fantasy baseball anyway!
proncis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby frog99 » Sun May 02, 2004 6:00 pm

pibb55 wrote:

I think you'll like what he did

Rameriez's line is funny 8 runs, none earned.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

FBB

Postby bestinwest » Sun May 02, 2004 6:05 pm

when you can name all 31 teams starting lineup but not remember where u last put your car keys :-?
bestinwest
College Coach
College Coach

Postby afromangettindrunk » Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:When you make up complicated scenarios that you would like to happen in order for your fantasy team and your favorite real team to both do as well as possible one day.

haha definitely :-b

when you have 30 min between classes on the other side of campus but you run back to the room anyway to check out the progress of the games and keep updated.

when you use terms like OBP, WHIP, BAA, AVG, RBI etc more than 50 times a day.
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby frog99 » Sun May 02, 2004 6:21 pm

when your the only guy cheering at Fenway, because Jeter just hit a 3 run home run and you needed those rbis bad.

when you keep checking the box score of a game, on your cell, phone during your Nephew's play.

when you have more Fantasy baseball teams, than rooms in your house.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby G-Man » Sun May 02, 2004 7:57 pm

when you sit in front of the computer watching little squares representing baserunners move around other squares representing bases and get angry when you see your pitcher get behind in the count (via the updating webpage you are still staring at) in the first inning of a game in late april (that is a description of a guy i know was what i meant to say).
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BostonBK7 » Sun May 02, 2004 8:01 pm

Writing a two-page paper takes five hours because you keep checking how your players do.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers