Kolb injured? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kolb injured?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 02, 2004 12:53 am

Yeah I would...Mantei seems to be the man in Arizona. They are paying him too much money to use in set up. He could blow 10 more saves and I bet he'd still be the closer....well maybe 5. Valverde hasn't been that great this year either, so you might as well take a gamble and pick up Viz.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sun May 02, 2004 12:54 am

is kolb a right hander? cuz if he is this cant be good. You use the right leg to push off and drive with, and if you have any problems in that area it could be trouble. even when he comes back, if it bothers him in the slightest, u will probably see a slight decrease in velocity, and maybe leaving the ball up. this is not a good injury to have for a pitcher i would think.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby Wilma_J » Sun May 02, 2004 12:55 am

I could also drop riske for him. Would you drop Riske or Valverde? Seems like Riske may get the job back...
Wilma_J
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 274
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:14 am

Wilma_J wrote:I could also drop riske for him. Would you drop Riske or Valverde? Seems like Riske may get the job back...


At this point, I would drop Valverde before Riske. I would bench Riske though. I think there's a better chance of Riske returning to his 2003 form and winning the closer's job back than there is of Mantei being so bad that Valverde takes over. Just my opinion though, I'm sure some would disagree.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:15 am

RynMan wrote:is kolb a right hander? cuz if he is this cant be good. You use the right leg to push off and drive with, and if you have any problems in that area it could be trouble. even when he comes back, if it bothers him in the slightest, u will probably see a slight decrease in velocity, and maybe leaving the ball up. this is not a good injury to have for a pitcher i would think.


Interesting thoughts. Yes, Kolb is a right hander...so you're medical analysis is relevant. My addition of Vizcaino is looking better and better every minute.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sun May 02, 2004 1:16 am

slomo007 wrote:
RynMan wrote:is kolb a right hander? cuz if he is this cant be good. You use the right leg to push off and drive with, and if you have any problems in that area it could be trouble. even when he comes back, if it bothers him in the slightest, u will probably see a slight decrease in velocity, and maybe leaving the ball up. this is not a good injury to have for a pitcher i would think.


Interesting thoughts. Yes, Kolb is a right hander...so you're medical analysis is relevant. My addition of Vizcaino is looking better and better every minute.


i dashed out to get him also :-) i dont like this about kolb one bit.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby KolbSaves » Sun May 02, 2004 2:17 am

ow me leg
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3477
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI

ESPN Notes...

Postby jaronson » Sun May 02, 2004 10:19 am

<i>Kolb tweaked his right hamstring during Saturday's game.</i>

FWIW
jaronson
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 136
Joined: 15 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Des Moines, IA, USA

Postby Slow Pitch » Sun May 02, 2004 10:44 am

Brewers coach Ned Yost mentioned Jeff Bennett & Ben Ford as possible ninth inning canadates.

Vizcanio threw 32 pitches & took the loss on Saturday.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2395
Joined: 11 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Please and Thank you...

Postby jaronson » Sun May 02, 2004 11:25 am

Slow Pitch wrote:Brewers coach Ned Yost mentioned Jeff Bennett & Ben Ford as possible ninth inning canadates.

Vizcanio threw 32 pitches & took the loss on Saturday.


Got a source for that info, Slow Pitch?
jaronson
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 136
Joined: 15 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Des Moines, IA, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact