Wilson or Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wilson or Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wilson or Jones

Postby B.J.H17 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:42 am

Simple who will be better this year and if given the choice who should i draft....Preston Wilson or Andrew Jones
B.J.H17

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Wilson or Jones

Postby BcM » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:38 pm

I see Jones scoring 15-20 more runs...hitting 3-5 more homeruns...I think the RBI'S and BA will be a washout. Wilson should get at least 15-18 more SB.
BcM

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Yankee715 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:05 pm

Id pick Wilson. Hes in Coors now and hell hit more hrs. He also has a huge sb advantage.
Yankee715
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScurvyDog » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:32 pm

This year - Wilson. He could match Andruw in HR and RBI's and get 30 Steals to boot.
"Life is tough. But it is even tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
ScurvyDog

Postby eftda » Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:09 pm

even if wilson wasn't in coors, i would pick him.

He hit alot of hr and doubles last year, he should do more

I never liked Andrew Jones, it seem like he doesn't care when he is up to bat. Like they said in the movie 61* on Mickey Mantle, "...he should have all ready have come into his prime". Jones could be hitting 40-50 hr a year
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:23 am

I never liked Andrew Jones, it seem like he doesn't care when he is up to bat. Like they said in the movie 61* on Mickey Mantle, "...he should have all ready have come into his prime". Jones could be hitting 40-50 hr a year[/quote]

Pains me to say this but i think you're correct. I dont think "Andruw" Jones tries hard enough. He freakin smiles when he strikes out. That gets on my nerves so bad. If he'd be more focused.. he's got the talent to hit over .300 and hit 40+Hrs every year. But i think he likes his defense so much his hitting is lacking. Maybe he'll get it all together this year. But even still.. i'd go with Wilson because of the SB advantage. And Wilson will be finally hitting in a good lineup with Helton and Walker. He'll be getting a ton of good pitches to hit.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ScurvyDog » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:21 am

Too funny .. Andruw is like baseball's Kordell Stewart - that jerk would smile when he threw an interception. Good riddens to him ... anyone here from Chicago (he he - hmm, hmm, hmm ha ha (evil laugh here))
"Life is tough. But it is even tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
ScurvyDog

Postby sinicalypse » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:13 am

ScurvyDog wrote:Too funny .. Andruw is like baseball's Kordell Stewart - that jerk would smile when he threw an interception. Good riddens to him ... anyone here from Chicago (he he - hmm, hmm, hmm ha ha (evil laugh here))

i'm from chicago, and oh let me tell you, i wanted byron leftwich. but nope. the only thing i can say is that we got a great deal on him, as he can sit on the bench for $2.5 mil/year. that's not even jim miller money <g>

my gawrsh, this is a fun question. preston's got a bandwagon going, but i don't know whether he was injury plagued or just stinking it up last year, but he was underwhelming. i think he's one of the bigger wastes of talent in the game. realistically, you have to hope that preston gets on a roll and rides it out. if so, 30/30 is possible, but i wouldn't bank on him to hit any higher than .280. i think andruw's more of a solid player, more of a guaranteed 25-30 HR and probably a few more RBIs, but i do believe that preston has more upside in terms of talent and coors field.

so it's really a matter of wanting to jump out on a limb or stay with a safer pick. good luck!
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Return to Baseball Leftovers