trade proposals - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trade proposals

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade proposals

Postby isis » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:19 pm

I am new to fantasy baseball this season. So if I mention the obvious please forgive me. In a 12 team league (5x5) I am usually between 6-8 place. I am last in HR/RBI, and 2-3 to last in the other offensive categories. Upper half in pitching categories. Could use some help with saves. I figure power is harder to come by than pitching so I would like to offer these trades but need some advice. What about this,

19 is the max roster size (min of 7 pitchers)

My team: Bernie, Burks, Manny, Sheff, Damon, Kearns, Hatteberg, Dmitri Young, Vina, Aramis, Batista, Julio, Acevedo, Percival, Irabu, Pedro, Kerry, R Ortiz, Daal, O Perez

1. Offer Russ Ortiz and Omar Daal and or O Perez for Adam Dunn.

2. Offer Bernie Williams for BK Kim

3. Offer Acevedo, Russ Ortiz and or Odalis Perez for Richie Sexson.

Thanks for the feedback.
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

new

Postby cwebb » Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:31 am

Power, especially from OFs, should be easier to acquire. You won't get top players but solid production! Before you offer two pitchers for an OF try just one closer, a lot of guys fall in love with closers too easily and try to get a lot of saves and saves and saves...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:02 am

Welcome, isis! Actually, the more information you provide, the better - you're certainly not stating the obvious. As to the trades:

1) Dunn is nice, and a deal of this nature sounds realistic, but I don't think of is your primary weakness.

2) No go. Your bullpen isn't bad, and you need Bernie in your lineup if you want to make up lost ground.

3) This I like. A big masher at 1b sounds like just what the doctor ordered to jump-start your offense. If you can pull this off (possibly by adding Hatteberg to any offer), I think you should do it.

Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers