A Smart Gm - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A Smart Gm

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A Smart Gm

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Sat May 01, 2004 1:06 am

Would take a look at some of these oft injured players and say, OK if you hit 300 30 and 100 you will get 7 or 8 mill.If you miss a bunch of time you will get 2 mill.These guys like Juan Gone missing a week because of the friggin flu is just unreal to me.Frickin Moeller for the Brew Crew is hitting for the cycle with severe flu.And Juan Gone cant even try!I hate these type of guys and they always fool us fantasy guys with dillusions of what used to be!SUCKS!!!!!!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hyde » Sat May 01, 2004 1:14 am

Remember when Juan Gone was a Tiger that one year? I think he was making injuries up just so he didn't have to play. Juan Gone just wants his paycheck, I doubt he really loves playing baseball almost everyday.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Sat May 01, 2004 1:37 am

I remember it all to well my fellow Tiger fan.I was so pumped when I saw on ESPN that they got him.Literally was like jumping for joy.As it turned out it was the most miserable excuse for a superstar acquisition EVER!He totally made up injuries.The thing that made it worthwhile was when he turned down all that money we offered him and now hes making I think 4 mill a year.If I am not mistakin he would be the highest paid player RIGHT NOW if he would of signed that!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: A Smart Gm

Postby matmat » Sat May 01, 2004 1:47 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:Would take a look at some of these oft injured players and say, OK if you hit 300 30 and 100 you will get 7 or 8 mill.If you miss a bunch of time you will get 2 mill.These guys like Juan Gone missing a week because of the friggin flu is just unreal to me.Frickin Moeller for the Brew Crew is hitting for the cycle with severe flu.And Juan Gone cant even try!I hate these type of guys and they always fool us fantasy guys with dillusions of what used to be!SUCKS!!!!!!

i bet there is something that prohibits this in the players' bargaining agreement.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sat May 01, 2004 1:48 am

I doubt he'd be making more than $25M a year like A-Rod. But no doubt, he'd be getting paid too much.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Sat May 01, 2004 1:51 am

matmat wrote:
LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:Would take a look at some of these oft injured players and say, OK if you hit 300 30 and 100 you will get 7 or 8 mill.If you miss a bunch of time you will get 2 mill.These guys like Juan Gone missing a week because of the friggin flu is just unreal to me.Frickin Moeller for the Brew Crew is hitting for the cycle with severe flu.And Juan Gone cant even try!I hate these type of guys and they always fool us fantasy guys with dillusions of what used to be!SUCKS!!!!!!

i bet there is something that prohibits this in the players' bargaining agreement.

No, I'm pretty sure there are incentives as bonuses for players. So you give them a base salary of $2M and for each achievement they reach, they get the bonuses. Guys like Mo Vaughn and Damion Easley would be poor :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Sat May 01, 2004 1:53 am

LBJackal wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure there are incentives as bonuses for players. So you give them a base salary of $2M and for each achievement they reach, they get the bonuses. Guys like Mo Vaughn and Damion Easley would be poor :-D[/quote]

or not... maybe they'd be motivated enough to do better... :)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jivedude » Sat May 01, 2004 1:54 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:I remember it all to well my fellow Tiger fan.I was so pumped when I saw on ESPN that they got him.Literally was like jumping for joy.As it turned out it was the most miserable excuse for a superstar acquisition EVER!He totally made up injuries.The thing that made it worthwhile was when he turned down all that money we offered him and now hes making I think 4 mill a year.If I am not mistakin he would be the highest paid player RIGHT NOW if he would of signed that!

Yeah Detroit built a pitcher's park and then traded away pitching for Juan Gonzalez, didn't they? What was up with that?
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers