MLB Tv good for fantasy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Tv good for fantasy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB Tv good for fantasy?

Postby yankeesrule2004 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:55 pm

I was thinking about getting MLB tv to watch my players and i was just wondering how many of you had it and how good it is? Is it nice and clear and reliable? thx
yankeesrule2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetruth » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:58 pm

ya it's great and since you get it for free you can't go wrong.
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Green Monstah » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:59 pm

there was a deal up at the begining of April where you could get 3 months of MLB.tv free for 3 months, so I gave it a try. It is awesome in my opinion. Whenever I see one of my batters up with the bases loaded or one of my closers up in the 9th for the save, I turn it on. The video quality is pretty decent in full screen mode (i have a cable modem), so I can't complain. All I can see around here is Sox ( ;-D ), Yankees ( :-t ), and Mets games, so it is a breath of fresh air to see some other MLB teams in live action.
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby LBJackal » Sat May 01, 2004 12:39 am

If you get it for free like me, it's worth it. And if the deal isn't available still, for $10/month with MSN Premium, you get all MLB Extra Innings for free. And also, your Hotmail storage limit will become 25 MB instead of 2 MB. So I might even keep it for the remaining 3 months of the season after the free trial is up. For $30, I get every baseball game for the whole year. Seems like a good deal to me. Also, you can go back and watch other games that have happened this season. Or just the pitches that resulted in outs/hits/walks, etc while ignoring all the unimportant pitches. Or just run scoring plays, or just major highlights. I love it. Mostly because it's free, and I'm a cheapskate :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Hyde » Sat May 01, 2004 12:40 am

The little 3 inch by 3 inch screen actually looks really good. When you switch to full screen mode it doesn't look as good if you sit close to it, just sit back about 4 to 5 ft in full screen mode and it's not too bad. Definitely watchable that's for sure. It does require a broadband connection though.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hyde » Sat May 01, 2004 12:44 am

One other thing, every now and then I do experience some freezing on some of the games. It will freeze for a second or two. It seems like it has only been on a few games and all the others have ran smoothly. The freezing could be a problem on my end I'm not sure.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Sat May 01, 2004 12:48 am

I find that the freezing usually occurs during kwy points of the game, when lots of peopel tune in. For example, when I was watching the Brewers game to see if Moeller would hit for the cycle, I was watvhing a few innings before it happened, and when he came up it slowed down a lot. That's happened a few times at key points in the game, such as Barry Bonds AB's, bases loaded, or an extra innings game with runners in scoring position or something. So that kinda sucks. But for free, I can live with it. And the quality isn't great, but still pretty good. Some of the time you can only hear audio, unless you maximize the screen to full screen. That might just be my computer though.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Coach McGuirk » Sat May 01, 2004 12:55 am

Its great for fantasy baseball, but may hinder your personal life! I find myself watching a lot more baseball since signing up on the free MSN deal! ;-D

It doesn't even black out the local sox games for me for whatever reason, so I can watch the day games at work! B-)
"Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes."
Coach McGuirk
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers