Latroy Hawkins, you suck - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Latroy Hawkins, you suck

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Latroy Hawkins, you suck

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:00 pm

Tied 3-3 in the bottom of the9th inning, the cubs go to the bullpen. First farnsworth. He doesnt last long. Then Mercker gets in trouble also. Finally in comes LaTroy Hawkins, who gets the 2nd out and an 0-2 count on Matheny who has struckout 3 times tonight. With the bases loaded, hawkins throws 4 straight balls and walks in the winning run. If you listen carefully, you can actually hear Joe Borowskis job gettin safer.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StLrEdBiRdS2004 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:03 pm

HELL YA!!!

http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=1400
StLrEdBiRdS2004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Green Monstah » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:03 pm

666 posts 8-o does this mean hawkins is the devil?
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Fantasyballer » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:05 pm

very odd game. my gametracker showed that 3 of the 4 balls hawkins threw WERE IN THE STRIKE ZONE. i know the cbs gametracker isnt the most accurate, but i find that kinda odd. wonder if there is any controversy over that walk-off walk.
Fantasyballer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:06 pm

Isn't this like Hawkins first run givin up, all year? And it isn't even his runner that scored. One game and they guy all of a sudden goes from "He should be closer ahead of borowski" to Hawkins suck. Wahhhhh."
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:07 pm

Did you ever put up MLB gameday and CBS sportsline side by side? (I know I get bored :-b). They don't even come close to agreeing with each other.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:08 pm

Must be a Cubs fan operating gametracker because those pitches were definate balls.

There was some controversy on Rolen's sacrifice though. He thought he made it to first without being tagged.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:13 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:Isn't this like Hawkins first run givin up, all year? And it isn't even his runner that scored. One game and they guy all of a sudden goes from "He should be closer ahead of borowski" to Hawkins suck. Wahhhhh."

Couldn't have said it better myself. If I remember correctly, Hawkins wasn't the guy that put the Cubs in the situation of having the bases loaded with one out. The earned run doesn't even belong to Hawkins!! If anything, you Cubs fans should be complaining about Farnsworth. It's not like Hawkins has ever claimed to be a magician or anything.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chinch sacs » Sat May 01, 2004 2:25 am

Baseballer02 wrote:Isn't this like Hawkins first run givin up, all year? And it isn't even his runner that scored. One game and they guy all of a sudden goes from "He should be closer ahead of borowski" to Hawkins suck. Wahhhhh."

Hawkins gave up 2 ERs on the 27th and 1 ER on the 28th...

[/quote]
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers