Rank these 2B please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank these 2B please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kalibernc » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:26 pm

Do you think Brett Boone looks like one of the seven dwarfs?
kalibernc
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:46 pm

I'd honestly put Spivey at the top. Batting 3rd every day in miller park there is no reason he can't hit 20+ HR and drive in a good number of RBI and with any luck he'll be traded to the yankees midseason. Vidro not a bad choice either though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Are you serious?

Postby Iguana » Sat May 01, 2004 2:20 am

Is someone actually considering dropping Vidro? Are you crazy? Spivey? Loretta? These guys are SO far short of Vidro it's ridiculous. Vidro always hits .310-.320 with at least 80 runs and RBI's. Wait till Everett and Johnson are back, he'll pick it up soon.

DO NOT DROP VIDRO!
Help me pick my keepers? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=419885
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Sat May 01, 2004 5:28 am

Sure cannot disagree Vidro rates the top of this list...and there's a real good chance he'll get traded later to a better lineup. (i.e. George will probably tire of Wilson/Cairo and will toss a bunch of money and some stiff prospect at MLB...er, uh Omar Minaya, and Vidro will suddenly end up with the MFY).

No gripe with Loretta for sure. The guy's always around .300 and all of a sudden he's developed a bit of power the last year plus. I'm not real big on Spivey. Anderson is a semi-regular and Belliard...well, I have no idea WTF has gotten into this guy this season, but it just can't continue (can it?).
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Philly22 » Sat May 01, 2004 8:35 am

I think you're overrating Vidro's fantasy value here, there's no doubt he's a elite 2B but how much better is he than Spivey in terms of pure fantasy stats? He'll hit for a higher average as he's consistently shown but in every other category Spivey will be right up there this year. Had a drop off year in 2003 but every sign is that he's a .290 hitter to me and will be closer to 2002 than 2003.
Philly22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kabd69667 » Sat May 01, 2004 10:51 am

Mark Loretta is playing a lot better than Vidro right now. Loretta is hitting .340 with 4 HRs. i can't complain about picking him in the 22nd round.
kabd69667
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nycyankees » Sat May 01, 2004 11:04 am

no complaits with Lorette and getting him in the 22nd is a good pickup, but the season is a marathon and not a sprint, and there is no doubt that at the end of the season Vidro will be a much bigger producer then Loretta. Every hitter goes through hot and cold streaks and you shouldn't drop an elite hitter because he is off to a bad start.
http://www.dmsjr.com/couchmedia/pedroversusgeraldwilliams.jpg
nycyankees
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers