rate my team please (10 team 5x5 roto) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate my team please (10 team 5x5 roto)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

rate my team please (10 team 5x5 roto)

Postby gottabelieve » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:18 pm

10 team 5x5 roto

C Posada
1B Durazo
2B Kent
3B Chavez
SS Arod
OF Burrell
OF Sheffield
OF Preston Wilson
DH Ray Durham
B Erstad
B Joe Crede

Matt Morris
Millwood
Rodrigo Lopez
Russ Ortiz
Brian Lawrence
Cassey Fossum
John Lackey
Urbina
Jorge Julio
Danys Baez
gottabelieve
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MookieNJ » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:32 pm

You have a great offense with very little room for improvement. My only concern is Durazo. He has historically had health problems and has never been relied upon to start for a full season. I believe he'll be successful this year in Oakland, but just watch him closely. If he starts out hot, you may want to see what you can get for him, as you never know if he'll be able to keep it up all season long.

Your top starters are excellent and you should have no problems getting saves. However, the middle and bottom of your rotation scare me a bit. I think it's awfully risky to count on Lopez, Ortiz, Lawrence, Fossum, and Lackey behind your top two. Lopez was good last year, but can he do it again? Will Ortiz handle the transition to Atlanta? Lawrence was good last year, but still plays for a below average team in the competitive NL West (lots of games in Coors!). Fossum and Lackey are good risks at the bottom of the rotation, but it seems like you might be relying on them too heavily with all the question marks in front of them.

I would look to trade from your strength, offense, in order to improve your pitching. A-Rod has health concerns, but I'll bet some owner will take a chance on him and give up his starting shortstop along with a strong starting pitcher. Your outfield is really strong, and you may be able to move one of your outfielders for another top of the line starting pitcher. By rounding out your team, you'll have a much better shot at success!

Please comment on my roster here.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

true

Postby gottabelieve » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:46 pm

Mark,

I agree 100% that my pitching staff needs another quality starter, and I am looking to trade for one. But just to make sure my eyes are ok, did you tell me to trade Alex Rodriguez? I don't care how good my offense is, you dont get a chance to have arod on your team every year.

Brett
gottabelieve
T-Ball Trainer

Postby balls dream » Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:15 pm

that is a ridiculously loaded offense you have there.

what i would do is trade either kent or durham-- probably kent, as the preseason hype on him really pumps up his value and you have plenty of hrs and rbis to go around-- for another solid starting pitcher along the lines of a kerry wood.
[/url]
balls dream

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby MookieNJ » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:06 am

Yeah, I did say to trade A-Rod :-b.

Just from reading these boards, a lot of managers have moved A-Rod due to the health concerns, and gotten a lot in return.

An example, based on your roster, would be:

A-Rod and Brian Lawrence for

Nomar and Tim Hudson

A lot of people would like this deal simply based on what you said, you don't get a chance to have A-Rod on your team every year. That being said, holding him isn't a terrible idea at all, but slightly weakening a ridiculously strong offense in order to help balance out your team would give you a better chance at success.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eddie » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:07 am

your team is stacked
i wouldn't touch a thing, i can't imagine you losing and would not want you to see you help a competitor
eddie

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team