Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:26 pm

I think he is a fluke.
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:35 pm

Well I strongly dislike both Pedro and Clemens. Not sure how you can lump RJ in with those two bums. :-D Someone on the these boards said recently Pedro is the type of player you hate unless he plays for your team. That pretty much sums it up for both Clemens and Pedro. So how are you Bosox fans going to feel next year when he signs with the Yankees? !+)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby patriot79 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:52 pm

Pedro wrote:Who's Karim Garcia?

This was one of the funniest interviews ever. Is this online anywhere to download? I want to listen to it again.
patriot79
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:56 pm

I hate Garcia and I would stay away from him!
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jeffc_76 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:58 pm

He is NOT signing with the Yankees. (please say it ain't so Steinbrenner). Truthfully, I would wish for a career ending injury even more if he played for my team. I would rather finish in last place 3 straight years than win 3 WS with him. I simply hate the guy, not because he pitches inside, not because he hits people, but because of his overwhelming arrogance - he thinks he's bigger than the game and he doesn't make much of an effort to hide his feelings. (e.g. refuses to talk to the media, cry baby antics, Babe Ruth comments, etc.) I liked Boggs, I loved Clemens since the first day he put on the uniform, I could even warm up to Nomar or (gasp) Manny Ramirez, but I just couldn't put aside my pure hatred for Pedro if he played for us.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Thoughts on Karim Garcia?

Postby NZF » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:06 pm

d18Mike wrote:Noticed that Garcia was batting clean-up for the Mets last night. And he has posted decent numbers this year.

Not familair with what's going on with the Mets OF, but when Floyd return next week is Garcia bound for the bench or will he take on a platoon role? Or is he a candidadte for a full time OF spot?

Any ideas on this one?

Unless you are desperate I would stay away.

He is going to hit HR's for you but with a very poor average. Batting clean up for the Mets doesn't improve his standing much IMO.

I would rate him alongside someone like Bigbie. Only in deep leagues would you want to pick him up.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby afromangettindrunk » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:19 pm

jeffc_76 wrote:He is NOT signing with the Yankees. (please say it ain't so Steinbrenner). Truthfully, I would wish for a career ending injury even more if he played for my team. I would rather finish in last place 3 straight years than win 3 WS with him. I simply hate the guy, not because he pitches inside, not because he hits people, but because of his overwhelming arrogance - he thinks he's bigger than the game and he doesn't make much of an effort to hide his feelings. (e.g. refuses to talk to the media, cry baby antics, Babe Ruth comments, etc.) I liked Boggs, I loved Clemens since the first day he put on the uniform, I could even warm up to Nomar or (gasp) Manny Ramirez, but I just couldn't put aside my pure hatred for Pedro if he played for us.

oh stop. you love pedro. who else says what they think in the pros?
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:58 pm

LOL you don't think if Steinbrenner has a chance to stick it to Boston by outbidding them for Pedro he won't? Yankees fans might say they'd hate it now but you guys would never shut up if you got Pedro. :-D All joking aside, who the heck wouldn't want Pedro on their team?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby afromangettindrunk » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:50 pm

im sure boston isnt going to slouch when it comes to spending in the offseason.

beltran?

that would be sick
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers