What are your thought on Joe Crede? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What are your thought on Joe Crede?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What are your thought on Joe Crede?

Postby Eaglez » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:44 pm

What kind of projections do you guys have for him for the rest of the year and where do you rank him in terms of the rest of the 3b??

Thanx
Eaglez
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OREO fan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:40 pm

to be honest - i am somewhat fed up with crede - i do expect him to hit better than he has - he will probably finish up with similar numbers to last year - .275, 25 hr, 85 rbi - pretty good

i feel like there are so many good 3rd baseman these days though - i would definitely rather have a guy like beltre over him - maybe even vinny castilla too
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:05 pm

offensively, crede has a ways to go before he's considered as a solid cornerstone (literally) of a fantasy team.

last year he was... i wanna say .260/18/75? i remember he started off piss poor then by the 2nd half was good enough to get to where he was.

his defensive prowess is going to keep him in the lineup as an everyday 3B. the sox radio guys think he'll steal a gold glove or two from chavez before its all said and done... that said, his 2002 #s got everyone excited.. .281/12/35 in like 53 games.

he CAN hit 30/100 but its going to take him awhile. not right now, as he's like.... low .200s/3/10 or something.

best bet is like .255/20/75 this year.. at some point i think he'll be a 25/100 type guy, but not for the foreseeable future. so i'd keep an eye on him and if he gets red hot he'll have plenty of rbiops with that lineup, but for right now you'd be better suited with a more established 3B type guy. if you're using joe crede as a starting fantasy 3B, odds are that you can roto him and others and try to get a conglomerate of 3Bmen who will get you .275/25/80 until he Himself can do it on his own.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:32 pm

I think he's way under rated and that he has the potential to become a all-star.
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mild Thing » Sat May 01, 2004 9:32 am

I drafted Crede in the last round of our draft and ended up dumping him for Burroughs last week. I have been dying for any kind of production from the 3b position this whole year. Everybody else in the league seems to be getting big numbers -- even Melvin Mora is doing more than my guys.

At least Burroughs is not hurting my team, but I'm not going to win any championships with him. I love Crede's potential -- can anybody tell me if he's turned things around. According to the box scores, he's raised his average from about .170 to .230 over the last 2 games. Is he driving the ball now or were most of those hits fluky infield dribblers?

Appreciate any insight
Mild Thing
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mild Thing » Sat May 01, 2004 9:33 am

I drafted Crede in the last round of our draft and ended up dumping him for Burroughs last week. I have been dying for any kind of production from the 3b position this whole year. Everybody else in the league seems to be getting big numbers -- even Melvin Mora is doing more than my guys.

At least Burroughs is not hurting my team, but I'm not going to win any championships with him. I love Crede's potential -- can anybody tell me if he's turned things around. According to the box scores, he's raised his average from about .170 to .230 over the last 2 games. Is he driving the ball now or were most of those hits fluky infield dribblers?

Appreciate any insight
Mild Thing
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers