MVP Baseball 2004 w/ Gameshark (Intro/Question) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP Baseball 2004 w/ Gameshark (Intro/Question)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MVP Baseball 2004 w/ Gameshark (Intro/Question)

Postby shortsavage » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:45 am

I'm not sure if anyone else has the Gameshark software and usb memory device, but I thought that I would just check.

I recentally purchased the Gameshark usb memory device for xbox. It is a device that you can plug into your computer's usb portal in order to download game saves from Gameshark's archives and other xbox Gameshark users. It has a standard usb hookup on one end and a piece that is made to fit an xbox memory card on the other end. Equipped with the computer software that comes with this device, a user can access all sorts of game saves, as Gameshark allows you to convert memory card saves into computer files and then back to memory card saves again.

Ok, enough with the intro, does anyone else use Gameshark?

I bought it exclusively to update the rosters for MVP 2004 (unable to hookup xbox live, I thought this was a good shortcut to getting roster updates for all of the sports games that I play). However, I am a little unsure of what I need to do to access the roster updates. I am able to find the two archived Gameshark saves: all user rewards file and Barry Bonds addition, but I have had trouble finding complete roster updates.

New to Gameshark, I would really appreciate a response from an experienced user on how to go about looking for roster update saves on Gameshark. Maybe I just haven't played around with the software yet?

If no one else uses Gameshark, I hope you enjoyed my introduction and I am sure that I will figure out how to update rosters soon, making the product a worthwhile expenditure.

Adam
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:22 pm

Updating my own journal ;-) , I have learned a some new information about using gamesaves.

First off, Gameshark has a very limited achive of savesfiles (at least in terms of roster updates). There are outside sources that work through the Gameshark software to create updated rosters.

A website titled http://www.ps2rosters.com keeps on top of popular sports game updates for both P2S and XBox. They have all of the minor league baseball rosters filled out as well as the major league rosters.

And according to their help guide, you simply download their winzip file then drag it (unzipped) into the "memory card" section of your Gamesaves software.

My new problem is when I drag the unzipped file into my "momory card" section nothing happends. So I drag it into my "game saves" file and it says invalid file.

I must be taking a roundabout route toward getting updated rosters for MVP 2004 Baseball. This is frustrating!

Any help would be appriciated.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk