trade advice? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trade advice?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade advice?

Postby harryreid » Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:43 pm

I'm being offered Damon and Smoltz for A.Jones and Ishii.5x5 H2H league.I only have one closer (Gagne).Is AJ's power worth the saves? What about a counter offer of Hudson,T.Hunter and Ishii for Damon,Colon and Smoltz...Thanks
harryreid

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:15 pm

Welcome to the cafe, harryreid1 I actually like the first offer better than the second - Hudson is starting to turn it around, and you may wind up missing him more than you would Jones.

I like the value you're getting, but I also think that with only one closer on your squad, you need to pick up a second, if only to guard against injury to Gagne. If you can absorb a slight hit in power and have enough starters that Ishii won't be missed, I'd give this deal two thumbs up. :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

trade

Postby harryreid » Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:57 pm

My pitching is stronger than my offense.Mussina,Hudson,Oswalt,Padilla,Ishii,Schmidt,Gagne,Pineiro and Elduque(DL)I need runs,hits and rbi's-I hate to loose AJ.My OF-Griff,AJ,T.Hunter,Hidalgo,Grieve and C.Patterson..Any trade options? He has Sheff,Damon,B.Giles.
harryreid

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:20 am

If you don't want to lose Jones, why not offer Ishii for Smoltz straight up? Either way, I think having a second closer would help your team quite a bit.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers