Predictions from Page 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Predictions from Page 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Predictions from Page 2

Postby Sledge » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:57 am

This has probably already been posted as it's a little old, and if it has I apologize, but in the slight chance it hasn't, I feel I have to share it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/april

Some of my favorites...

April 11 -- Seeking a way to block non-paying fans from watching games from nearby rooftops, the Cubs sign Mo Vaughn and place him atop their outfield bleachers, completely obstructing the view of the field for those across Waveland Avenue, as well as nearby aircraft.

May 4 -- Clowning around before a game with the Giants, Mets mascot Mr. Met attempts to place his size 74-1/8 hat atop the head of Barry Bonds, only to find it is too small.

May 25 -- Tom Glavine blames QuesTec after he locks his keys in his car.

June 10 -- The Cardinals' Jim Edmonds secures the final out against the Diamondbacks with an amazing, diving, circus catch in a 4-3 win. Later, Edmonds denies that he purposely ran several steps in the wrong direction as soon as the routine flyball left the bat so the catch would look more impressive.

August 31 -- Yankees' starter Kevin Brown, realizing it's nearly September and he hasn't been injured yet, goes into shock and is placed on the 15-day disabled list.

Sept. 12 -- Phillies outfielder Pat Burrell goes 1-for-5 in a win over the Pirates and raises his batting average to .074, prompting him to claim: "I feel like I'm starting to come out of my slump."

Again, if this has been posted already I apologize!

Sorry mods, I think I might of put this in the wrong forum.
Sledge Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetruth » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:37 am

ya someone posted this before and i replied simply that i didn't find it too funny. the poster started flaming me for no reason so i told him what i thought about him and received a nice warning from a moderator if i remember correctly. :-D
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timely » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:45 am

Well I thought it was funny. And i think this is the right forum for all those who have Kevin Brown on their team, this is a reminder of the injury risk he poses. I would have to say that Ichiro is in the same boat as Jim Edmonds. He actually tells the Japanese Media that he often tries to make his catches look harder than they actually are.
timely

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bell » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:13 am

I don't read their stuff much, but I don't find them very funny or very interesting.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chinch sacs » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:32 am

May 30 -- Astros rookie Jason Lane is injured when Jeff Kent makes him wash his truck

hehe :-)
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chinch sacs » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:37 am

June 17 -- The Brewers, for sale since mid-January, are purchased for $8.25 by a nine-year-old suburban Milwaukee girl at a yard sale near her house.
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pilambp » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:21 am

My favorite:

May 8 -- "Jet" magazine contacts Padres rookie phenom Khalil Greene about doing a cover story on him. The story is killed when the magazine's reporter discovers Greene is a white guy from rural Pennsylvania.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LBJackal » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:42 am

pilambp wrote:My favorite:

May 8 -- "Jet" magazine contacts Padres rookie phenom Khalil Greene about doing a cover story on him. The story is killed when the magazine's reporter discovers Greene is a white guy from rural Pennsylvania.

LOL, I can relate to that. I had no idea what Greene looked like until the highlights a few days ago, and it's not at all what I expected. I thought he'd be a little Latin kid. Who names a hick "Khalil"? They shoulda called him Cletus.

This is my favourite:

If you don't find this stuff funny, there's something wrong with you.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:42 pm

His family are B'ahai (sic? or is it followers of Bahai or whatever...I just heard it, not my scene) and there's some kind of meaning like 'kicks ass' or 'prince of peace' or something of that ilk. I can't remember exactly what though...

LBJackal wrote:
pilambp wrote:My favorite:

LOL, I can relate to that. I had no idea what Greene looked like until the highlights a few days ago, and it's not at all what I expected. I thought he'd be a little Latin kid. Who names a hick "Khalil"? They shoulda called him Cletus.

This is my favourite:

If you don't find this stuff funny, there's something wrong with you.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Zito is God » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:28 pm

Thats damn funny! :-D

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk